The Student Room Group

C2 TRIGONOMETRY PROBLEM (complex)

I've ticked my answers to show that they agree with the answers in the back of the book.

I started this 3 days ago but couldn't do the last question . I then decided I would attempt the whole thing one final time and I realise I am also stuck on the second to last question. If I understand how to do that it may help me with the last question since that is usually the case in maths when you have part questions.

The question is shown in attachment one
I can do (i) and (ii). My work ing is shown in attachment 2.

I am stuck with (iii) and the very last question but for now I am just focusing on (iii) ..no point in getting ahead of myself lol plus I've been given some clues for the very last one so will try and do that byy myself and then if I still can't do it I'll upload my woorking.
So for (iii)...
I know i need to use SOH CAH TOA to work out the angle but I am sturggling a bit with the diagram /visualistion. I have tried a few triangles and working out the answer but I am not getting the right thing. When I look at the diagram I also get confused about the angle in the triangle which we are trying to fin ( I know its not the 90 degree one but out of the other two not sure which one).
The answer for this part should be 2.17 rad; 124 degrees

The third attachment shows a diagram I drew with all the information we've got so far ..this is just additional and I'm not sure if it really helps with this part of the question.
You've worked out that the cylinder has moved 65.06cm. What fraction of the total circumference is that? There are 360° and 2pi radians in a circle. Once you've worked out the fraction of the circumference moved, you can take that same fraction of 360 and 2pi to figure out the degrees and radians moved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I know this question has already been answered, but I spent some time working it out last night!! My working/explanation and the diagram I drew to get my head around things are attached.
Can I ask what exam board you're doing?

Quick Reply

Latest