The Student Room Group

Does anyone have a gcse maths topic list per paper?

Hello!I am doing edexcel gcse maths higher and would like a topic list but i cant seem to find any which seperates paper by paper?I need one for the 2024 exams.
Hey, I'm pretty sure it can be any topic that comes up on each paper, topics aren't split specifically across different papers like in other subjects but some topics are more likely to require a calculator than not so when you revise for Calculator papers then maybe focus on those topics such as: iterations, sin and cosine rule, quadratic formula, statistics stuff etc (search online). Best of luck.
Reply 2
Original post by BibliophileLibra
Hey, I'm pretty sure it can be any topic that comes up on each paper, topics aren't split specifically across different papers like in other subjects but some topics are more likely to require a calculator than not so when you revise for Calculator papers then maybe focus on those topics such as: iterations, sin and cosine rule, quadratic formula, statistics stuff etc (search online). Best of luck.

ok tysm 🙂 and also can topics be repeated on more than one paper?
Reply 3
Original post by minz1

ok tysm 🙂 and also can topics be repeated on more than one paper?

Yes, however you can kinda use this to an advantage. If a big topic hasn’t came up in the first two papers, it’s highly likely it’ll be on the third. However, topics don’t HAVE to show up
Reply 4
Original post by minz1
Hello!I am doing edexcel gcse maths higher and would like a topic list but i cant seem to find any which seperates paper by paper?I need one for the 2024 exams.

It doesn't work like that. In theory, any topic can be on any paper.

Things like the Cosine rule are more likely on calculator papers.

There was one year when they did do this but that was covid support in 2022.
Original post by minz1

https://thegcsemathstutor.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Revision-Checklist-Higher.pdf

That link is a topic list from GCSE Maths Tutor.

Usually, any topic can appear in any paper - however for the paper 1 non-calc, the only trigonometry that's likely to come up is exact trigonometry; I've noticed averages topic and number topic comes up in the non-calc paper a lot too.

Quick Reply

Latest