The Student Room Group

Arsey's D1 Edexcel revision and resources thread

Scroll to see replies

What would people say is a good strategy for revising this exam? Papers are typically quite standard right? - I guess hence the ridiculous boundaries.
Anyone got any vital tips on optimizing for time in this exam? Since the exam material in itself in my opinion is pretty easy. However, since it's very prone to error it can take a long time to organize the information needed for the question and sometimes the information gathered is too much, wasting vital time.

Any tips your teachers have gave you would be very handy! Since my teacher never really gave us anyway. Like gant charts take years to draw and are only worth 4/5 marks! It's quite irritating.
Reply 62
Original post by Randomer96
Careful what you wish for. M1 and C2 have been hard papers this year.

Hello guys, would you think that from now till thursday is enough time to go through the WHOLE of D1 and past papers? I have gone through D1 in class but still weak in areas. Please could you advise me
Original post by elsher
Hello guys, would you think that from now till thursday is enough time to go through the WHOLE of D1 and past papers? I have gone through D1 in class but still weak in areas. Please could you advise me

Should be enough, I'm planning on doing the same really :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by dominicwild
Anyone got any vital tips on optimizing for time in this exam? Since the exam material in itself in my opinion is pretty easy. However, since it's very prone to error it can take a long time to organize the information needed for the question and sometimes the information gathered is too much, wasting vital time.

Any tips your teachers have gave you would be very handy! Since my teacher never really gave us anyway. Like gant charts take years to draw and are only worth 4/5 marks! It's quite irritating.

One big advice i can give is DO NOT DRAW GANTT CHARTS WITH A RULER
dont waste time trying to make it neat since they don't care as long as its correct

go over all the chapter 2 definitions like paths which isnt that obvious

mehh there isn't much i can say other than practice doing past papers timed, good luck :biggrin:!
Reply 65
Right i best get started. How are you going to revise? and how long do you think it'll take
Reply 66
How r u structuring revision? are you using videos and text book? or past papers? please help. I need a good grade in this. Thanks
Original post by nmanvi
One big advice i can give is DO NOT DRAW GANTT CHARTS WITH A RULER
dont waste time trying to make it neat since they don't care as long as its correct

go over all the chapter 2 definitions like paths which isnt that obvious

mehh there isn't much i can say other than practice doing past papers timed, good luck :biggrin:!

I never used a ruler, I'm never neat when it comes to drawing things with straight lines.

Although doing past papers is a pain when you got a busted printer! Manually drawing out all that stuff Ugh. Although they must be done!

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
anyone got any advise on how to do the scheduling prog without gantt chart or is it all guesstimating
Reply 69
Original post by elsher

I just wrote notes on the course within the last day and have done 4 past papers already, so plenty of time! Good Luck!
Original post by ChuckNorriss
anyone got any advise on how to do the scheduling prog without gantt chart or is it all guesstimating

I'm planning on doing the Gantt chart then doing the scheduling below it. But gotta watch the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigboateng
I'm planning on doing the Gantt chart then doing the scheduling below it. But gotta watch the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

was thinking of doing that too ,,, thanks brahh/sis
Hey when working out Chinese Postman - can I choose any route once I've done the pairings and found the weight? Like is there a particular way my route should go?

What, in terms of order for the exam?

Original post by Petick
I just wrote notes on the course within the last day and have done 4 past papers already, so plenty of time! Good Luck!

Original post by bigboateng

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't need the Gantt chart to do scheduling, all of the information is already on the network
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thatgirlag
What, in terms of order for the exam?

nah, there are these certain exam questions which ask you to make a whole scheduling program out of just the activity network. i have a hard time doing this because i need to visualize the initial gantt chart to easily fit in a scheduling program
is there an easy way to revise all the key words? :L
Quick question, is the textbook useful or crap?
Original post by desiboy20395

I prefer past papers
Original post by desiboy20395

But do some textbook work too, edexcel has been sneaky this year and picked stuff that they don't usually put in exams to throw people off!!! (such as M1)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending