The Student Room Group

AS Physics B OCR G492 Advanced Notice Article

Just wondering if anyone had any possible questions with answers that could come up for the advanced Notice Article? The topics being pendulums, oscilloscopes and powering electric cars.
Original post by MM_Luke
Just wondering if anyone had any possible questions with answers that could come up for the advanced Notice Article? The topics being pendulums, oscilloscopes and powering electric cars.

The pendulum section is the most predictable. There's almost certainly going to be a graph drawing question, probably a question asking you to work out the value of g from the gradient, something involving rearranging the equation, etc. Maybe the y intercept of the graph will be nonzero and it'll ask for a possible explanation.

For the cars, I'm guessing there will be some calculation questions, possibly asking which car is the best for certain aspects.

I think the oscilloscope part is the least predictable. I think they might give us some extra data and maybe ask us to compare modern digital oscilloscopes to analogue oscilloscopes?
They could ask us to calculate energy and force each car exerts

Quick Reply

Latest