Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Interactive Media Design/Digital Media Arts 2014

Anyone doing either course?
Original post by thunderboba
Anyone doing either course?

Been invited for an interview in Jan for Digital Media Arts while Interactive Media Design is referred :smile: Just wondered if you ended up studying either of these courses?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I am studying DIgital Media Arts (DMA), 1st year still. Think will finish somewhere in May. So far still have 4 pretty big assignments to go and it's all fun and super exciting, but a lot of work as well :smile:. The resources and facilities are great and tutors are really helpful. You get to work with the adobe suite and other programs as well, such as vvvv for example... It's amazing and engaging in the same time! :biggrin: DMA students are together with the IMD students in their first year - meaning that they attend the same lectures, are assigned the same projects and deadlines etc, thing that changes in the 2nd year, when the disciplines split.
Original post by karamakate23
I am studying DIgital Media Arts (DMA), 1st year still. Think will finish somewhere in May. So far still have 4 pretty big assignments to go and it's all fun and super exciting, but a lot of work as well :smile:. The resources and facilities are great and tutors are really helpful. You get to work with the adobe suite and other programs as well, such as vvvv for example... It's amazing and engaging in the same time! :biggrin: DMA students are together with the IMD students in their first year - meaning that they attend the same lectures, are assigned the same projects and deadlines etc, thing that changes in the 2nd year, when the disciplines split.

Hi Im a student from the US, I applied for this course and got in but i was wondering what classes i would take and how good the professors/lectureres are compared to other schools that also teach digital media.
Original post by elsiebells2001
Hi Im a student from the US, I applied for this course and got in but i was wondering what classes i would take and how good the professors/lectureres are compared to other schools that also teach digital media.

Heya!

Well, you can be sure if you go for an open day...... Yesterday we've had one on both campuses... The only way to get a feeling of how is to study at a uni, it's by going to open days really and speak with students who are enrolled, some of the lecturers might also be there as well... Otherwise, I couldn't give you any advice of what's best here in England on Digital Media, as I applied and went only to this uni, so I have no idea what or how other unis have to offer.... However, if I'd be to choose now again a uni, and it couldn't be the uni of Herts, I'd most probably try to go to London to study as they have some massive unis and courses there...

As of a personal touch to this, I really, really love my course. I just finished my 1st year with a 'very good' grade, and now I wanna prepare for the 2nd year, as it would be much, much, much more important/harder than this one.. The course is really up-to-date, always changing I guess ( 2nd year students who went now in 3rd year told me they didn't do some stuff either in year 1 or 2 that I was already doing in year 1) so the course it's constantly changing, brought up to date and adapted for the actual market... And of course, the lecturers are there to help you and to guide you if you're stuck or don't understand..They are all so nice and willing to help you grow and also they grow themselves and the whole uni feels like a place where you can achieve your potential! And the thing is that here you absolutely can achieve it fully!! All the facilities and support put here for you will eventually do that! :smile:

So, after 1 challenging year of studies, I still think I made an amazing decision by coming to Herts, absolutely!!
The only truly downside to it it's that's 20 mins (or £20!!) away from London...

Anyway, I hope this will help and if you have the chance to go to an open day, don't hesitate to do so, as this will give you a real feeling of how is it to study at a certain uni.

Take care and most of luck with choosing a uni!
Original post by karamakate23
Heya!

Well, you can be sure if you go for an open day...... Yesterday we've had one on both campuses... The only way to get a feeling of how is to study at a uni, it's by going to open days really and speak with students who are enrolled, some of the lecturers might also be there as well... Otherwise, I couldn't give you any advice of what's best here in England on Digital Media, as I applied and went only to this uni, so I have no idea what or how other unis have to offer.... However, if I'd be to choose now again a uni, and it couldn't be the uni of Herts, I'd most probably try to go to London to study as they have some massive unis and courses there...

As of a personal touch to this, I really, really love my course. I just finished my 1st year with a 'very good' grade, and now I wanna prepare for the 2nd year, as it would be much, much, much more important/harder than this one.. The course is really up-to-date, always changing I guess ( 2nd year students who went now in 3rd year told me they didn't do some stuff either in year 1 or 2 that I was already doing in year 1) so the course it's constantly changing, brought up to date and adapted for the actual market... And of course, the lecturers are there to help you and to guide you if you're stuck or don't understand..They are all so nice and willing to help you grow and also they grow themselves and the whole uni feels like a place where you can achieve your potential! And the thing is that here you absolutely can achieve it fully!! All the facilities and support put here for you will eventually do that! :smile:

So, after 1 challenging year of studies, I still think I made an amazing decision by coming to Herts, absolutely!!
The only truly downside to it it's that's 20 mins (or £20!!) away from London...

Anyway, I hope this will help and if you have the chance to go to an open day, don't hesitate to do so, as this will give you a real feeling of how is it to study at a certain uni.

Take care and most of luck with choosing a uni!

thanks! will look into the open days!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending