The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

MSc User Experience Design at Brighton

Hello! I recently got a conditional offer from the University of Brighton for MSc User Experience Design programme. Could anybody please tell me about the university and the programme with regard to knowledge, exposure, faculty and employability. Your inputs would be really helpful for me to make a decision. Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! I recently got a conditional offer from the University of Brighton for MSc User Experience Design programme. Could anybody please tell me about the university and the programme with regard to knowledge, exposure, faculty and employability. Your inputs would be really helpful for me to make a decision. Thank you!

Hi :biggrin:

I know you were probably looking for a student to reply, but I thought I might be able to help.

The User Experience Design MSc at the University of Brighton is Accredited by the British Computer Society, The Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional. Graduates of this course will be able to work as commercial interaction designers on both software and software-enabled physical products. This may also be a starting point for a research career in human-centred interaction design.

Previous graduates are working in roles that include:

digital consultant
senior developer
UX designer
web designer
digital marketer

Through the course you will build advanced research, analytical and communication skills through working on your dissertation. At the end of the taught element there is the possibility of a placement with a digital media company for the major project module. This puts real experience on your CV as you consolidate your expertise.

You will also benefit from access to the computer suites with professional standard software, digital and games studios and our usability lab with eye-tracking technology.

The University work particularly closely with Zoonou ltd, an East Sussex-based software testing and QA consultancy. You will have opportunities to network with companies and organisations in the sector through external speakers and taking advantage of the many digital media events organised in the city. The course cohort has regularly attended the annual conference UX Brighton.

You can find helpful information here.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your applications :smile:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi :biggrin:

I know you were probably looking for a student to reply, but I thought I might be able to help.

The User Experience Design MSc at the University of Brighton is Accredited by the British Computer Society, The Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional. Graduates of this course will be able to work as commercial interaction designers on both software and software-enabled physical products. This may also be a starting point for a research career in human-centred interaction design.

Previous graduates are working in roles that include:

digital consultant
senior developer
UX designer
web designer
digital marketer

Through the course you will build advanced research, analytical and communication skills through working on your dissertation. At the end of the taught element there is the possibility of a placement with a digital media company for the major project module. This puts real experience on your CV as you consolidate your expertise.

You will also benefit from access to the computer suites with professional standard software, digital and games studios and our usability lab with eye-tracking technology.

The University work particularly closely with Zoonou ltd, an East Sussex-based software testing and QA consultancy. You will have opportunities to network with companies and organisations in the sector through external speakers and taking advantage of the many digital media events organised in the city. The course cohort has regularly attended the annual conference UX Brighton.

You can find helpful information here.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your applications :smile:

@University of Brighton Enquiries Thank you very much for the detailed clarification and explanation! It was definitely helpful :smile:
I am just in the process of fulfilling the conditions that they have mentioned.

Can you please let me know as to when I would start hearing about accommodation? Should I apply for the accommodation in advance?
Original post by Anonymous
@University of Brighton Enquiries Thank you very much for the detailed clarification and explanation! It was definitely helpful :smile:
I am just in the process of fulfilling the conditions that they have mentioned.

Can you please let me know as to when I would start hearing about accommodation? Should I apply for the accommodation in advance?

Hi!

Not a problem at all :h:

To be eligible for guaranteed accommodation, you must meet the following criteria:

Be starting your first year of full-time study
Make Brighton your firm choice of university
Submit your booking request by 30 June

The accommodation team will be sending out emails once a week to firm offer holders. Please keep an eye on your inbox and junk folder for the email from the team. If you have any questions or do not hear from the team shortly please feel free to contact them directly on: [email protected] / 01273 644100

I hope this is helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending