The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It seemed to me like a lot of the those questions were just 'cut and paste' from the past papers. This is the first exam of this year I've actually felt happy with, hopefully that'll be reflected with my mark!
Reply 81
If you think it was ethanoic acid have a look at o-h bonds IR spectroscopy on google. It's really not that hard. Jeez :angry:
Original post by Petick
It seemed to me like a lot of the those questions were just 'cut and paste' from the past papers. This is the first exam of this year I've actually felt happy with, hopefully that'll be reflected with my mark!

I so agree! Good job learnt all those answers from all the previous past papers! Also what did you get for that 7 marker? Really worried about it :/
Original post by Bean man
If you think it was ethanoic acid have a look at o-h bonds IR spectroscopy on google. It's really not that hard. Jeez :angry:

OMG but it was ethanoic acid!
Original post by Supergirlxxxxxx
OMG but it was ethanoic acid!

Omg it was ethanoic acid like you have to be pretty dumb to think it's ethanol ,come on guys I'm Asian I think I know
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Omg it was ethanoic acid like you have to be pretty dumb to think it's ethanol ,come on guys I'm Asian I think I know

Ethanal*

Peak wasn't broad enough :smile:

Looool oh hey there superman you must be my perfect match, anyways get off this thread -.- you didn't even do the exam silly!
Original post by JammyGit07
Ethanal*

Peak wasn't broad enough :smile:

But it says Carboxylic acids M(broad) so like medium ish!
Looool oh hey there superman you must be my perfect match, anyways get off this thread -.- you didn't even do the exam silly!

Lol I guess I'm your perfect match and I so do the exam the oxidation state of br is -1 right? That's the only mark I got right
I'm almost certain it's ethanal.

Look at an image of the ethanal IR spectrum. It is an almost perfect match to the one on the exam.
(edited 9 years ago)
What did you guys write for the 2 primary alcohols from Fig 1?
Lol I guess I'm your perfect match and I so do the exam the oxidation state of br is -1 right? That's the only mark I got right

OMG ranveer :'( your so mean, you know I was annoyed about that!! Hate you LOADS.😡
Original post by Floatable Binbag
What did you guys write for the 2 primary alcohols from Fig 1?

I wrote fructose and retinal (vitamin A)
Reply 93
for the two intermolecular forces question i put permanent dipole permanent dipole and instantaneous dipole induced dipole because i know that ketones do not form hydrogen bonds. and for the ethanol one i put ethanoic acid because there was a peak at around 3000cm^-1 and this means it cannot be ethanal no matter what because this peak is present, you cannot simply pretend like this peak doesn't exist and say its ethanal as it was quite a distinctive peak as well.
Reply 94
I wrote fructose and retinal (vitamin A)

shouldn't it be retinol?
Original post by MadMO
for the two intermolecular forces question i put permanent dipole permanent dipole and instantaneous dipole induced dipole because i know that ketones do not form hydrogen bonds. and for the ethanol one i put ethanoic acid because there was a peak at around 3000cm^-1 and this means it cannot be ethanal no matter what because this peak is present, you cannot simply pretend like this peak doesn't exist and say its ethanal as it was quite a distinctive peak as well.

What planet are you on? Ketons DO form hydrogen bonds. The functional group is an OXYGEN!!
Again, google the IR for ethanal. It's just like the one in the exam.
Original post by MadMO
shouldn't it be retinol?

Ah sorry yes! That's what I meant! What intermolecular bonds did you get for the 7 marker?
Reply 97
Original post by rubi-t
I feel stupid now. I got 26.6%

Omg I though the paper went well but I feel silly mistakes coming in already.

26 is right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Minecraft27
What planet are you on? Ketons DO form hydrogen bonds. The functional group is an OXYGEN!!
Again, google the IR for ethanal. It's just like the one in the exam.

just because it has an oxygen doesn't mean it can form hydrogen bonds.
Reply 99
Ah sorry yes! That's what I meant! What intermolecular bonds did you get for the 7 marker?

permanent dipole permanent dipole and instananeous dipole induced dipole.

Latest

Trending

Trending