The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 revision thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by random1234567
IS it okay if I spoke about milgram and bandura in relation to unethical studies?

Yep, it is. I did Milgram and Piliavin :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
IS it okay if I spoke about milgram and bandura in relation to unethical studies?

Yeah why wouldn't it be?
Original post by moment of truth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kind of messed up part E I think
Reply 984
Section A was utter dog crap. it was so ridiculously ambiguous, I mean, how are you supposed to observe people when the other condition would have been the presence of people? So, if you the observer were still watching them, it was still the presence of others! I said put a hidden camera in, ha! But my teacher said that was fine. Hated the 3 markers too, especially the last 2. Section was good for me, did question 9, pleased with it
I kind of messed up part E I think

What 2 points did you put? I thought it was alright, but my answer was a bit under developed I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What 2 points did you put? I thought it was alright, but my answer was a bit under developed I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idek what did you do? I might be able to recite some stuff
Idek what did you do? I might be able to recite some stuff

I put for the reason it can be seen as unethical was the use of minors (under 16s) so no consent or something, then used the study on noise phobia as an example.

For the reason why it can be seen as ethical I put that case studies normally use self-report and so the participant gives their comsent etc.

Something like that lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG, what was the question again? ethical issues into psychological studies????i think i did rosenhan...it that ok??? i cant remember..did they asked specifically for social???or just psychological research?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ithink i did rosenhan and watson and raynor, the little albert one. is that ok? about deception and harm and distress etc
Unethical

i think the exam was unethical to us, lol, causes harm and distress to us.
Original post by Xing Chen
ithink i did rosenhan and watson and raynor, the little albert one. is that ok? about deception and harm and distress etc

OMG, what was the question again? ethical issues into psychological studies????i think i did rosenhan...it that ok??? i cant remember..did they asked specifically for social???or just psychological research?

Yep that is fine and yeah it was psychological research, I just found these two easier to talk about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep that is fine and yeah it was psychological research, I just found these two easier to talk about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: cool. I spent like 10 mins looking at questions for sections A and deciding which one should I do and what the questions mean...I was panicking and hopefully i read all the questions correctly !!
It definitely did not specify types of data, my highlighter and I can vouch for that
:biggrin: cool. I spent like 10 mins looking at questions for sections A and deciding which one should I do and what the questions mean...I was panicking and hopefully i read all the questions correctly !!

Yeah section A was a tiny bit tricky, but I am relatively happy with section B. Anyway, we will see how it goes :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meh, It said independent measures design measuring observable behaviour. That's why i did a pilot study on aggressive behaviour to gather 10 behaviours when watching a football match, used that as categories in a coding scheme, and did an experiment. I forgot to include how the behaviours were actually measured specifically in the procedure... ****.
Original post by brucelee01
i did the exact same project as you! and i used chi squared too haha

Ah that's great :smile: How did you answer the three mark question that said something like discuss a practical issue in your project? I thought it was quite ambigious so I said that in the experimental condition the pseudo shoppers may not be able to reach the participant in time before they walk off. I couldn't think of anything else?:eek:
Reply 997
Any idea on what the grade boundaries will be like?
Reply 998
Right, what was the method you had to use? a type of experiment or an observation? because I swear the follow up questions were to do with experiments and not observations?
Reply 999
Original post by SmurfHorizon
Meh, It said independent measures design measuring observable behaviour. That's why i did a pilot study on aggressive behaviour to gather 10 behaviours when watching a football match, used that as categories in a coding scheme, and did an experiment. I forgot to include how the behaviours were actually measured specifically in the procedure... ****.

I did exactly the same thing, except did rugby not football

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending