The Student Room Group

Social impact of a course with a year abroad

I'm in year 12 and looking at unis and courses (primarily law) and noticed that a lot of universities offer a year abroad. Taking a year abroad as part of a course would obviously mean graduating a year later than most of your friends, so I was just wondering what experiences people had of this and whether they had any social issues as a result? Thanks
Original post by SM101
I'm in year 12 and looking at unis and courses (primarily law) and noticed that a lot of universities offer a year abroad. Taking a year abroad as part of a course would obviously mean graduating a year later than most of your friends, so I was just wondering what experiences people had of this and whether they had any social issues as a result? Thanks

I haven't done this myself but have known friends who have done this (or otherwise taken an extra year to graduate). You probably wouldn't be the only person on your course to do a year abroad - so you might find your friends will be doing the same but it's difficult to say who you would be friends with!

You could also look at it as a chance to meet and get to know new friends abroad and in your year below. If they are REALLY your friends it won't matter if you go abroad a year as they would still stay in contact with you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending