The Student Room Group

I ****ing wish the police would stop pulling me over, really getting on my tits now

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theconsciousindian
are you light skinned

Aaaand your point would have been...what...?
Original post by Dirty Feet

It's actually a quote from a song ... but OK..
Reply 22
Original post by HeyFromNY_USA
Aaaand your point would have been...what...?

Reply 23
Original post by Le Franglais
It's actually a quote from a song ... but OK..

OK dude, OK, settle down now.
stop right there criminal scum
Reply 26
Original post by Le Franglais
OK dude, OK, settle down now.

Reply 27
This thread man....

Do they not try anymore when trolling or what

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Being stopped twice in 8 months is hardly police harassment.

I once got stopped 4 times in 2 weeks by the same flatfoot...
I'll try cutting a long story short.

I have anxiety, I like to keep a low profile, not attracting attention.

There has been a little bit of criminal activity in our town over the last year or so, police presence has been ridiculous, they are patrolling everywhere in their police motors.

I'm 22 years old drive sensibly always within speed limits and usually drive alone or with my Mum, I've been stopped twice in the last 8 months or so for apparent random checks made to feel like a criminal.

My car has been making a ''really'' loud noise and I am in the middle of getting it resolved with my friend who is going to give it a complete check over tomorrow.
So leaving my friend's house I began driving towards home, saw a 4 x4 police BMW drove passed me opposite way, checked my rear view to see it had made a u turn and was now about 100 meters behind me, I had a feeling they wanted to stop me, my anxiety kicked in, hands legs shaking behind the wheel hoping they weren't actually after stopping me besides I did nothing wrong, I was only 5 minutes from home but in case they wanted me I didn't want them following me to my house for my neighbors to see me a shivering wreak so I stopped in a street by a few shops, looked behind me and sure enough, the police were there parked right behind me .

I got out and they asked me what I was doing, my name, ID, where I was born, who the additional driver on my insurance was, my address, if I had ever been arrested, I said no and he kept repeating are you sure you've never been arrested? I said no (because I haven't)
(( I don't even look like a criminal ie chav. ))

I asked why I was stopped, they said random check mainly due to criminal activity in the area and said they are stopping a lot of young lads in cars for checks.

I was pissed off but kept my calm , surprised that the cops hadn't picked up on the loud faulty noise coming from my motor in case they confiscated it,

I stood there shaking like a car with a gun.

It's getting to the point where there making me to anxious to drive, every time I see a police car my heart starts hammering in my chest and I feel shaky as ****.

I wish they'd leave me alone and I wish the fuycking kids would ****ing grow up and behave thus reducing the police precedence

I would personally raise a complaint about the officers conduct on 101, its an incredibly subjective area. If you able to construct a decent argument you can make it tit for tat. Get the officers thinking twice. Then whatever their local resolution is challenge that with a complaint to the IPCC. Give them some work to do instead of harassing innocent people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Twice in 8 months isn't that bad to be honest, but what I was more worried about reading your post is how shaky you get about thinking you're going to get pulled over/if you think something bad is going to happen. You'll cause an accident one day if you don't seek help about this and continue to drive. When you're in control of a vehicle you've always got to have awareness and be alert in case something does happen, and be able to handle it - your anxiety and shaky arms/legs could put people at risk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending