The Student Room Group

Crazy things that have happened at your school

What crazy (please keep it PG though) things have happened at your school in the past that you are never going to forget about? I have some examples that have happened but I will share them in a separate comment instead. And did you get into trouble for it?

Scroll to see replies

1. Playing hide and seek in the assembly hall with some other students in year 9 and trying to not get caught by the teachers (we usually either had to sneak in through an English classroom that led to the assembly hall that someone managed to get a key to or try and get the cleaners to let us in by claiming someone left something there and we were helping the person.) Sometimes we got caught and had to run as fast as we could out of the emergency exits.

2. Dance party during break in one of the Maths classrooms (again in year 9.) Got caught but only because it was time to go to class.

3. My year 9 Maths class was basically like a zoo. I was bullied quite badly though and had to get moved to another Maths class. :frown:

4. In year 8 during a show once me and some classmates were waiting in a classroom (they were doing a group drama piece and I was doing a dance solo) some classmates decided to do some funny videos and we took a lot of weird selfies.

5. In year 9 a classmate filmed me doing the worm in the classroom and down the corridor. It was before school so didn't get caught.

6. In year 9 when playing hide and seek in the library I tripped over a chair, knocked myself out and got carpet burn on my knee.

7. Singing along to the Friends theme tune during Dance with a supply teacher (and yes we did the claps) in year 10.

8. Not a good crazy but almost got into a fight in year 8 with someone in my year. Had to get restrained by some sixth formers (the other girl started it by hitting me with her bag) as there weren't any teachers around. I ran out of the room as I was terrified and a sixth former came to find me and took me to a member of staff who sent me to student welfare and got the situation sorted.

9. My Photography teacher stuck her head out of a window to yell at some students to quieten down outside when they were getting too noisy. This happened in year 11 (this year.)

10. In year 9 during a religious studies lesson, me and some classmates got bored and started singing one of our favourite songs and then we didn't realise that our religious studies teacher was standing behind us until we noticed that she was trying not to laugh.

11. One of my Dance teachers turned up 25 minutes late to a theory lesson because she thought that it was break (it was this year and break is staggered slightly due to covid) but actually we had been waiting for her for 25 minutes.

12. Doing the handjive during a theory lesson for Dance (I think it was to show an example of use of canon) in year 10.

13. In year 8 in Food Technology the teacher forgot to tell us in the previous lesson what we were going to be making in the next double lesson so instead we made meringue as otherwise it would have been a theory lesson.

14. In year 8 I made a massive loom band thing and stretched it down the entire length of the corridor.

15. In year 10 in Spanish when waiting for the teacher to turn up some classmates decided to play duck duck goose (I was not included in that.)

I have even more memories but it would probably class as spam.
(edited 2 years ago)
16. In year 10 a classmate jumped out of the window during an English lesson whilst waiting for the teacher to turn up.

17. In year 7 there was a fire at a house not too far from the school. We ended up getting evacuated. There was only about an hour left of the day anyway as it happened just before the end of lunch.

18. In year 8 me and some other students decided to make a random video about Brexit and building the wall. It was basically "London Bridge is falling down falling down falling down. London Bridge is falling down because of Brexit. Thank you for watching this week's video. Next week's video will be next week. *random noises* Education is more important than building a wall. Listen to that Donald Trump!"

19. In year 11 one of my Dance teachers was trying to copy the choreography that the class had been learning (the teacher had been on maternity leave for most of the previous year) and she was basically rolling around the floor and one of the Drama teachers came in and was trying not to laugh.

Spoiler

21. This was before I joined the school but a former teacher used to be a student at the school and she made a YouTube video of her and some of her friends doing the Harlem Shake and lots of other people were watching.

Spoiler

23. In year 10 my Maths teacher jokingly threatened to jump out of the window during a lesson out of annoyance.

24. In year 10 I once carried a snowball into a classroom and then threw the snowball out of the window.

25. In year 7 my phone started ringing during a History lesson and the ringtone was Dancing Queen. It was an older student that was ringing me for some reason. My History teacher was absolutely amazing about the situation though.

26. In year 8 we had a new music teacher join the school who ended up leaving part way through the year but he was an absolute legend. He had a YouTube channel that a lot of classmates enjoyed watching.

27. In year 9 towards the end of the year I got bored when everyone else was just sitting around chatting so I decided to video call a friend and slide along the corridor in a computer chair.

28. In year 7 there was a computing teacher that was so vain and she nicknamed herself "The Queen" and would act like one too. She wasn't very good at it. She ended up leaving at the end of the year.

29. In year 8 someone made an Instagram page with pictures of the teachers and some of the stuff on there was very unkind. I reported the page and it got taken down and apparently anyone who liked pictures commented on pictures or "followed" the page would get isolation. Not sure if it was true or not with that or if they would just be getting detention but it was enough to scare people into not doing something like that again.

30. In year 7 during Science I had to draw some diagrams including of people having sex and of the Male reproductive system and of the Female reproductive system. I found it hilarious at the time that I basically had a picture of a penis in my Science book.
I knew this
Wow, that’s a lot. Mine’s not exactly crazy but something I’ll never forget about is about how badly I’ve been bullied. Thankfully, it stopped now but it made me a worse person overall. Trust issues, terrified of others bullying etc.

I wish I could stand up for myself but I didn’t because:
a) I’ve been told repeatedly that they’ll stop if I ignore them long enough. They didn’t stop, but I still believed they eventually would.
b) nobody did anything anyway, so I should have played vigilante. When I told my teachers, headteacher etc. they did nothing. When I told my parents, it’s apparently my fault for provoking him.
c) I’m too weak to even stand up for myself. I’ll get beat to a crisp.

So, yeah, I’m never going to forget that, by the looks of it…
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Using bots to flood Kahoot! Every time
Original post by Sandra12j
I knew this

You knew what?
Reply 7
we had armed police come twice. once cos someone brought in a gun, once because there was a gang of lads from another school with air rifles waiting for a couple of the lads in our school

royal visit was a bit mad

travellers took over the school field and only left when the locals went and took pot shots at their vans.
Lots of weapons in that bit of town, thinking back
erm, nothing pg i can think of lol
A teacher taped a students mouth shut.

A student emailed this, relatively inappropriate, meme of a teacher to that teacher, and the principal, and the deputy principals. They got in a fair bit of trouble.

And a teacher had a very inappropriate Twitter account which we found. He was sacked soon after.
1) a lad in my year accidentally severed his figure when climbing over a fence with wire at the top, because him and some of his mates were sneaking out at lunch time to go to the shop

2) bomb scare
I wouldn't consider most of the things OP has written as crazy.
Not many eventful things (that are PG) actually happen at my school though...
There was one time where 2 men ran into school and started beating up a child... which was the craziest thing I can remember.
loss of money once or twice
fire
Boy used to put his hand through bunsen burners, one put pencil on and got a hammering off the School head

Also fire alarm going off 3 times in a day as another pupil messed about.

Furthermore locking a classmate in a sports hall cupboard with a tennis table.
signs were put up in all the boys bathrooms about a mandatory penis inspection the next week. they were signed by Mike PhD (pretty huge ****)
not that crazy but it was a pretty funny prank
Original post by JVM2020
Boy used to put his hand through bunsen burners

Didn't everyone to that? Not much different to putting your hand through a candle.
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
signs were put up in all the boys bathrooms about a mandatory penis inspection the next week. they were signed by Mike PhD (pretty huge ****)
not that crazy but it was a pretty funny prank

Thankfully I don't have to put up with that stupid behaviour as I go to an all girls school although there are boys in the sixth form but they would know better than to pull a prank like that.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
1) a lad in my year accidentally severed his figure when climbing over a fence with wire at the top, because him and some of his mates were sneaking out at lunch time to go to the shop

2) bomb scare

Severing his figure? Do you mean decapitated or cut his male parts off?
A kid in class pulled the Stanley knife they were using out on the teacher :0
After that she was never the same and took time off due to stress

I’m Year 10 a couple did some nasty stuff and the result of that nasty stuff got in someone’s hair and on someone’s coat
Original post by RainbowShine123
Severing his figure? Do you mean decapitated or cut his male parts off?

Oops, darned autocucumber.
His finger.

Quick Reply

Latest