The Student Room Group

British Red Cross

Hello,

so in december I applied as an events volunteer for the BRC and sent my application off. But when the person from the BRC called me I didn't answer because it was a private number and i didn't realise it was them.

So I didn't carry on with my application, but last week I recieved an email from them telling me to call them by this date otherwise my application will be cancelled.

My question is, do you think it would still be okay to carry on with my application? because I've left it so long and what if the person gets funny with me because I left it. I feel so bad about leaving it this long, I'm worried that the interviewer will see me as though I'm not bothered about volunteering.
Original post by thestars
Hello,

so in december I applied as an events volunteer for the BRC and sent my application off. But when the person from the BRC called me I didn't answer because it was a private number and i didn't realise it was them.

So I didn't carry on with my application, but last week I recieved an email from them telling me to call them by this date otherwise my application will be cancelled.

My question is, do you think it would still be okay to carry on with my application? because I've left it so long and what if the person gets funny with me because I left it. I feel so bad about leaving it this long, I'm worried that the interviewer will see me as though I'm not bothered about volunteering.

No point worrying about what happened previously. Any (clean and decent) volunteer will be welcome to any organisation. Lots of communication errors happen in today's world and you haven't been rude to anyone. There could be lots of reasons why you had not been in touch yourself. If you think that you now have the time to follow it up, and still want to go ahead, just get in contact and keep the application open. Do be aware, though, that many organisations have application cycles, and you might be transferred to the next application cycle now. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending