The Student Room Group

work experience yr 12

im struggling to find work experience. Are there any apps or websites I can use that will direct me
dont know of any apps or websites but I also struggled to find work experience last year. I would recommend emailing local (in your city) smaller businesses or calling them. do a bit of research in the company to show that you have a passion for work experience there and any work experience is good (especially if you dont have a part time job) even if its not in the sector youre looking for. some unis also offer work experience type of things so try emailing any unis near you aswell. What kind of work experience are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by bluegray
dont know of any apps or websites but I also struggled to find work experience last year. I would recommend emailing local (in your city) smaller businesses or calling them. do a bit of research in the company to show that you have a passion for work experience there and any work experience is good (especially if you dont have a part time job) even if its not in the sector youre looking for. some unis also offer work experience type of things so try emailing any unis near you aswell. What kind of work experience are you applying for?
thank you. Im looking for anything working with people and caring for them so I am trying care homes and stuff like that. im not really sure what other work experience looks good for applying to med
Original post by sg.0
thank you. Im looking for anything working with people and caring for them so I am trying care homes and stuff like that. im not really sure what other work experience looks good for applying to med
sometimes the nhs does work experience things but you have to apply pretty early for them but yea i think care homes would be a good shout (i didnt do med personally so i dont have much else to offer) but if youre worried about getting no work experience getting something at like a little cafe or something is still something to put on a cv
Reply 4
Original post by bluegray
sometimes the nhs does work experience things but you have to apply pretty early for them but yea i think care homes would be a good shout (i didnt do med personally so i dont have much else to offer) but if youre worried about getting no work experience getting something at like a little cafe or something is still something to put on a cv
yeh luckily I've worked I a cafe for 3 ish years now so I can get other little bits and build it up. thank you
Original post by sg.0
Couple of suggestions for Medicine related work experience: 1) Call care homes / hospice in local area and send CV thereafter 2) Approach nearby hospitals for any work experience scheme they may be having in place 3) Call St. John Ambulance or similar organisations
Reply 6
Original post by Tim C Ellis
Couple of suggestions for Medicine related work experience: 1) Call care homes / hospice in local area and send CV thereafter 2) Approach nearby hospitals for any work experience scheme they may be having in place 3) Call St. John Ambulance or similar organisations
thank you for the St Johns ambulance one what would I call up and say what would they hopefully be able to offer
Reply 7
Ive had a few friends managed to get wex in nhs hospitals but takes an awful lot of pestering with emails and phone calls. Try asking anyone you know who is a doctor or has connections to doctors
Reply 8
Original post by HBeetle
Ive had a few friends managed to get wex in nhs hospitals but takes an awful lot of pestering with emails and phone calls. Try asking anyone you know who is a doctor or has connections to doctors

okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending