The Student Room Group

Work experience in yr 10

Has anyone ever done work experience in law in yr 10?

If so where did you go and what did you do?

Also what other things would you recommend for work experience?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

hi! im in y10 asw and looking for WE in law and medicine. I've only come across some virtual ones but i really want to do an in-person WE. so pls lemme know if u find any!

What sort of subjects are you interested in?
Do you have any idea what you would like to do in the future?
What sort of environment do you prefer - lab, classroom, office etc. ?

I did my year 10 work experience in a primary school and really enjoyed but it wasn’t what I wanted to do in the future as I couldn’t find anything related to that so I just took it as a chance to gain skills and see what it is like in the workplace.
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
Original post by anxnyx

hi! im in y10 asw and looking for WE in law and medicine. I've only come across some virtual ones but i really want to do an in-person WE. so pls lemme know if u find any!

It will be very difficult for someone in year ten to find a clinical work experience for year ten, I would suggest taking virtual work experience and in year 12 you will find it much easier to find clinical work experience.
Original post by Anonymous #1

I went to a primary school and HATED it, I would find something that you would find fun because 9 times out of 10 you will not be using your yr10 work experience in your ps for uni
Original post by anxnyx

i don’t know if u still need this but capgemini is doing a in-person law work experience

im thinking on doing tattoo parlor work experience. does any1 have any ideas on where to do it
Reply 8
Original post by anxnyx

which virtual work experience did you find?? please share!!!

Hi yes I got a work experience in year 10 at a law firm that got in contact with my school. Ask your career adviser or someone who’s in charge of work experience cause mine really helped me a lot try go for smaller firms and they tend to accept more and send out as many emails as you can. I was with a different solicitor everyday each worked in different field and got to see their day to day lives I read case study’s and because everything is becoming digitalised most were online and u could see police interview transcripts, any evidence gathered the outcome etc… attended meeting with them in person and online but because Covid was still around as it started when I was in yr 9 our work experience was cut short a week so I wasn’t able to go court with them but something they would’ve done with me as well I did activities like drafted letters to company’s etc.. it was great I really recommend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending