The Student Room Group

OCR A2 (Non-MEI) C4 Exam - 18th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
for the a+bln3+cln4 anyone else get -6 for a??
Reply 181
-20/3 - 18ln3 +32ln4
Reply 182
Original post by Jorrey10
I couldn't do that vector question with the angle because I didn't know what it meant by 'angle between the diagonals' so I just decided to find the angle between OA and OC and got 84 or something? Anyone else do this? I think it's wrong and it was out of 5 marks... so how many do you think I will get if I found all the lengths of the sides (to try to get working marks haha) and then did the scalar product between the (potentially wrong) sides? 3/5? 2/5?

I got 84.7?
Reply 183
Original post by Elizabeth1414
Grade boundary predictions?

hopefully 20 for an A?
Original post by Fly96
for the a+bln3+cln4 anyone else get -6 for a??

I got 12 I think.. :s-smilie:
Original post by silvi6
I worked out OM and CM (where M is where the diagonals cross) and then did scalar product of the two vectors :smile: I got

Balls. I got like 85 By doing OB and OC

And for the very last question did anybody get an answer of around 2000 ish?
Reply 187
Original post by versebe
My numerical/equation answers (in order) are:

Simplified fraction: (-x^3 + 3) / ((1 + x)(1 - x))

Angle between diagonals: 81.7 degrees (?)

Binomial expansion: 1 + x + (3/2)x^2

Coefficient: 5.5

Stationary coordinates: (-2,2) and (10,2)

Stationary coordinate: (1,3/2)

Cartesian form: y = -(1/2)x^2 + x + 1

Integration: -20/3 - 18ln3 + 32ln4

h = (-27T/400pi + 729/8)^(1/3)

71 minutes

I got most of these answers!
Original post by StephenJHolmes
Guess I'm not going to uni this year...

ditto :frown:
Original post by Myer
hopefully 20 for an A?

that high?
Reply 190
Original post by des1001
would you say having it expanded out and simplified is enough, without actually stating the coefficient? for bionomial one?

Might miss out a mark (A1) cos you haven't actually answered the question
i countd up my marks and lost 39... did all ****ing papers from 2005 and ****ed up
How did you do the prove one where it was like 1/2ln2 or something. I changed it in to sin2x and cos2x but couldn't get the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people get for the partial fractions ? I kept redoing it and got my "B" as 0 ? Anyone else?
crap. just remembered i left the 'h in terms of t' question as 1/3h^3 = ...... and didn't make it h = ..... as i thought it would look more simplified that way... do you think that will lose me marks?
Original post by The_Blade
i countd up my marks and lost 39... did all ****ing papers from 2005 and ****ed up

Don't worry I missed like 30 marks and that's not counting the stuff I got wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 000alex
What did people get for the partial fractions ? I kept redoing it and got my "B" as 0 ? Anyone else?

Yeah 0, thought I did it wrong checked it twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farringtonn
How did you do the prove one where it was like 1/2ln2 or something. I changed it in to sin2x and cos2x but couldn't get the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dy/dx of f'(x)/ f(x) is ln f(x)

So you play around with it, and get 1/4ln sin2x (or something like that) and shove in the values.
Original post by Farringtonn
Yeah 0, thought I did it wrong checked it twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that. But when I put numbers back into both equations it came out good, so I think we are right :biggrin:
Did anyone get anything at all similar to 12 - 8ln(3) + 14ln(4) for that question!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending