Original post by mariann77
USA student here.

Graphic Design
-Goldsmiths
-University Arts London
-Nottingham Trent
-Coventry
-Plymouth

I'm planning on studying graphic design too! I actually live in London and so I have an idea about a few of them. Godsmiths I didnt actually see myself but a friend went to check it out and said the building is very unmodern and the students are really serious, and boring.

I went to the university of arts london and I actually really liked it there, the camberwell campus. The building isn't the prettiest but the students are very friendly and they have student accommodation is literally next door! I really did like it though and I am taking part in a summer camp which is at another campus, so I can get a taste of the different campuses and see if they're similar atall.

I also have a friend who went to see university of minister, who really really liked it. They said that the environment was extremely modern and fun, and they do a wide range of courses through media, tv, design, radio etc.

So yeah, I havent looked at any outside of london yet as I havent find the time to travel but hopefully will do so I can decide weather to stay in london or go.

Whats your reason to come here all the way from the USA?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by u_lovelife
Neuroscience

UCL
King's
Nottingham
Queen Mary's (they're offering the degree for 2015 so yes its available)
Not sure on the fifth option

do u know if imperial will be offering?
I'm from London and hoping to study either graphic design/advertising at
University of the arts london
Greenwich university
Brunel
Westminister university
maybe essex university
I've visited UWE, Winchester and essex. I fell in love with essex!
ive out down
1. Essex university
2. Swansea university
3. Nottingham Trent university
4.coventry university

all for history :smile:

I have yet to visit the last three universities, but I like them for the fact they offer a language course for free so I can relearn German again! And I was impressed by what I read on the net
Law (and/or International Relations/European Studies)

Royal Holloway
Brighton
Greenwhich
Glasgow
Aberdeen
If you you are going to Kingston admissions can come over as a bit blunt but that is because they have strict time table to stick to it but if you call them over the phone they can be a friendly bunch

Nightworld1066
I'm not completely sure yet but here's my list for the moment:

Biochemistry:
Definite:
1. Exeter
2. Warwick
3. Bristol

Maybe:
Oxford
Surrey
Bath
Southampton
Essex

Is anyone else looking into Biochemistry? :smile:
psychology at:
Surrey
Cardiff
Kent/Nottingham
Greenwich
Christchurch
Reply 188
Adult Nursing or Midwifery

King's
LSBU
Kingston
Southampton
City Uni London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Modern Languages

Cambridge

Durham

St Andrews

Exeter

Queen's Belfast

And only Cambridge interviews :banana2:
Cambridge - physical natsci
Durham - Physics
Lancaster - Physics
Manchester - Physics (or maybe Bath)
Leeds - Physics
all masters
Psychology at
1. Royal Holloway
2. Exeter
3. Essex
4. Bath
5. Durham
:biggrin:
I'm an international student doing the European Baccalaureate, and my 5 are:

1. Chem with Molecular Physics at Imperial College London
2. Chem Eng at UCL
3. Chem Eng at Manchester
4. Chemistry at Queen Mary's London
5. Not sure yet oops

But I might also apply for a few Dutch unis as they are great for sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine:

Oxford
UCL
St Andrew's
Nottingham
Durham (for Natural Sciences)
Medicine:

Oxford
UCL
St Andrews
Edinburgh/Bristol/Nottingham
5th choice not sure, perhaps biomed or natsci at durham
Original post by NikolaT
I think you could send it off as soon as it went live last month - in theory. But to get references and stuff from your teachers usually takes a while.

Most people are hardly ready by October time, apart from Oxbridge/medics/dentists. The deadline for those applicants is mid October. For everyone else, it's around January.

But do remember that input is needed from your teachers/tutors/Head of Sixth Form, etc. and don't try to rush it and send it off as early as possible. As long as it's before January, your application will be seen equally with everyone else's. Better to take the time given to you and make sure your application/PS is good.

Ucas opens at the beginning of September for 2015 entry.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Ucas opens at the beginning of September for 2015 entry.

Oh, woops. I thought that if you could start filling out your application now then you could also send it off as well.
Original post by NikolaT
Oh, woops. I thought that if you could start filling out your application now then you could also send it off as well.

No, it's not live until they've got this current year's applications out of the way.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No, it's not live until they've got this current year's applications out of the way.

I think I must be misinterpreting something...

http://www.ucas.com/apply/undergraduate

You can apply for 2015 courses, and my year group at school have already started doing so. I've already completed a few sections myself.

What I was saying earlier was that because you can start writing up your application, you could send it off as soon as you/your Sixth Form want to.
Original post by NikolaT
I think I must be misinterpreting something...

http://www.ucas.com/apply/undergraduate

You can apply for 2015 courses, and my year group at school have already started doing so. I've already completed a few sections myself.

What I was saying earlier was that because you can start writing up your application, you could send it off as soon as you/your Sixth Form want to.

You can register and start fillig in the form, but you can't send it off until Ucas starts accepting applications for the new cycle, as can be seen on this page. You have to click on the tab for 2015 entry dates. Mid September onwards.
http://www.ucas.com/apply/key-dates?field_key_date_grouping_tid=All&page=1#tab-0

Latest

Trending

Trending