The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
You guys have had a long, boring summer - Anyone got some summer series recommendations I could waste a week on watching? :pierre:

Probably not to everyone's taste, but my favourite shows include Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Death in Paradise, Downton Abbey, and Call The Midwife :tongue:
You guys have had a long, boring summer - Anyone got some summer series recommendations I could waste a week on watching? :pierre:

Monster
Eden of the East
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yu Yu Hakusho
FLCL
Kill la Kill
Ghost in the Shell
Saint Seiya (haven't seen this myself but one of my friends says it's really good :colone:)

(big anime fan if you haven't already noticed :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Probably not to everyone's taste, but my favourite shows include Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Death in Paradise, Downton Abbey, and Call The Midwife :tongue:

The Mentalist is THE best show ever :tongue: . Haven't caught up on the latest season, so may give that a look :holmes: . Thanks :h:

Original post by Arithmeticae
Monster
Eden of the East
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yu Yu Hakusho
FLCL
Kill la Kill
Ghost in the Shell
Saint Seiya (haven't seen this myself but one of my friends says it's really good :colone:)

(big anime fan if you haven't already noticed :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently on Death Note myself :awesome: . Been on my watch list for a while, but life got in the way :tongue:

Are you year 12? are you female or male? just asking :h:

just realised how rude I sound... not supposed to be rude just incase someone think I'm rude...
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey everyone! Hopefully Y12 wont be SO bad, now if you excuse me Im going back to my Netflix
Currently on Death Note myself :awesome: . Been on my watch list for a while, but life got in the way :tongue:

Death Note is definitely a must watch, it does kind of mess up around halfway through (spoilers :colone:) but apart from that it's a perfect show :smile:

I've been catching up on old stuff as well, just finished Clannad a few days ago :frown:

BTW where is your avatar from? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! New poster here! I will be taking English language, Geography, Psychology and sociology all aqa :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
Are you year 12? are you female or male? just asking :h:

just realised how rude I sound... not supposed to be rude just incase someone think I'm rude...

Hehe, I'm a 4th year uni student :wink: . And my gender is supposed to be a secret, but you don't have to go digging far to find it :tongue: . I like to think it doesn't make a difference :wink: . Looking forward to A-levels? :smile:

Original post by Arithmeticae
Death Note is definitely a must watch, it does kind of mess up around halfway through (spoilers :colone:) but apart from that it's a perfect show :smile:

I was thinking that :tongue: . Up until...

Spoiler

it's been a little slow :frown: . I'm on episode 18, so should pick up I hope :ahee:

I've been catching up on old stuff as well, just finished Clannad a few days ago :frown:

Clannad (and Clannad After Stories) are THE most perfect shows EVER :moon: . It's the only series I paid £60 to own all 48 episodes of :tongue: . How brilliant is it? :biggrin:

BTW where is your avatar from? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Kagami from Lucky Star. If you don't want to think for 24 episodes, definitely watch it :smile: . Absolutely nothing happens :lol: . It's just one of those fantastic Slice-of-Life shows :h: . You a fan of that genre? :smile:
Hehe, I'm a 4th year uni student :wink: . And my gender is supposed to be a secret, but you don't have to go digging far to find it :tongue: . I like to think it doesn't make a difference :wink: . Looking forward to A-levels? :smile:

I have a little dirty secret which is why I can't reply to your question :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Trihawk7
I have a little dirty secret which is why I can't reply to your question :colone:

HE ISN'T IN YEAR 12:cool::cool:
Original post by jshep000
HE ISN'T IN YEAR 12:cool::cool:

you lil bishface, i told you stay low :frown:
Yay we're officially Year 12 students now, goodbye Secondary! :biggrin:

I made it on the 20th page. :lol:

The thread title is so plain and boring in comparison to the Year 11 one.
The Mentalist is THE best show ever :tongue: . Haven't caught up on the latest season, so may give that a look :holmes: . Thanks :h:

Yaaay someone else likes it :biggrin: Ah, you should! It's really different without RJ, but I still like it :tongue:

Original post by yellowcopter
Yay we're officially Year 12 students now, goodbye Secondary! :biggrin:

I made it on the 20th page. :lol:

The thread title is so plain and boring in comparison to the Year 11 one.

I liked adjectives :frown:
Guess who is back bitches? :biggrin:
What's you guys' sixth form dress code?? Ours is so strict and getting stricter :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at you all... So young and full of life :')

Urm if you haven't already watched these ones:
Ouran High School Host Club
Sword Art Online
Love Live!
(I saw you liked Anime)

These are longer than a summer series but they are still good:

Awkward
Orange is the new black
American Horror Story
Original post by Sarah Bethany
What's you guys' sixth form dress code?? Ours is so strict and getting stricter :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For boys, suits basically and for girls, clothes that look reasonably businessy. Sorry for the terrible English. This is what happens to me when I haven't gone to school in 3 months.
Hello A level forum :colone:
Original post by Vionar
I liked adjectives :frown:

Did you come up with them in the last thread? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest