The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James2810
The use of maths class at my school are doing C2 in year 13. The proper A level maths class are the only A level class doing C2 this year.

OK cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberrysnow
Omg woah every week? :O jealous! Is it a maths course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Krollo
How do you get involved in these things? I thought I was proactive for doing the UKMT challenge team thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Magnesium
Ooh what maths things are going on at Kings? :redface:

Its not a maths course unfortunately, but if you're good at math, they send you over to kings every week to work with undergraduates and its supposed to make it easier for you to get the A in A level maths.

LOL i remember doing UKMT XD I remember my last award was a modest silver

PS its called the kings factor... my school signed me up but you can sign up yourself :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EmyJ14
:eek: You're back!

I know! After all this time!
Wait, people's timetables are out? CIE's doesn't come out until the 22nd and it's driving me mad :P
(Also, I'm back. Sort of :P Hello!)
Made a bit of an impulsive decision this week, I haven't been enjoying Psychology at all (doesn't help that we have to get a teacher in from another school to teach it so she's never around for help) so I spoke to the head of science who is also the Chemistry teacher and I've requested to move to Chemistry. It'll all be finalised tomorrow. Bit worried though, is there a way I can realistically catch up. I'll be doing Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Studies ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just seen my exam time table and I got lots of exams to from May till June

Gcse English 2 exams
Gcse maths 2 exams
A level psychology 4 exams
A level sociology 4 exams
A level English literature 2 exams

14 exams in May and June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guills on wheels
I know! After all this time!

It's been ages! How are you doing? :tongue:
I got mistaken for a teacher today :eek:
Original post by iloveteddy14

Gcse English 2 exams
Gcse maths 2 exams

14 exams in May and June

Posted from TSR Mobile

God that is a lot
I thought I was dead when I saw that I had nine exams in may/June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KythingToWrite
Wait, people's timetables are out? CIE's doesn't come out until the 22nd and it's driving me mad :P
(Also, I'm back. Sort of :P Hello!)

My timetable is annoying :frown: I have one on the 13th, then one on the 20th, two on the 21st, one on the 22nd, and then one each on the 1st and 2nd of June, so it's like one exam, wait a week, do four in three days, then wait another week, and do two more on consecutive days :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
My timetable is annoying :frown: I have one on the 13th, then one on the 20th, two on the 21st, one on the 22nd, and then one each on the 1st and 2nd of June, so it's like one exam, wait a week, do four in three days, then wait another week, and do two more on consecutive days :tongue:

Go back one page and look at my timetable please
It is similar to yours haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Go back one page and look at my timetable please
It is similar to yours haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you don't have to do two on the same day, I have French and history on the 21st :frown:
Original post by EmyJ14
I got mistaken for a teacher today :eek:

Over the summer my school did a summer school for the new year 7s and my old form teacher (who's now my physics teacher) was in charge for the first two weeks (they did 4 weeks altogether but with different kids after the first 2 weeks) so he asked me to help out. Some of the year 7s now come up to me and call me Miss it's cute but I'm like "i'm not a teacher you know...." :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
At least you don't have to do two on the same day, I have French and history on the 21st :frown:

Aww we have got to be on the ball for all our subjects then if we are going to have exams one day after the next and in your case two on one day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14

Gcse English 2 exams
Gcse maths 2 exams

14 exams in May and June

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your school already gave you an exam timetable?? I have no idea how many exams I'm sitting...
The last few days I've been feeling happy again. I think it's because in June I have a chance to go to New York with the sixth form for 4 nights and 5 days and there is potentially a trip to a theater to watch the Lion King.
I'm doing 9 exams in May/June time... I have C1 exam and History Unit 1 exam on the same day... and I have C2 exam and History Unit 2 exam on the same day... Not looking forward to it...
Original post by EmyJ14
It's been ages! How are you doing? :tongue:

Yeah, alright, on the verge of sending off my applications, so a wee bit nervous.

A2 is so much better than AS, by the way.

Generally, quite chilled, working ****ing hard but happy nonetheless. You?
Original post by deansimpala
Over the summer my school did a summer school for the new year 7s and my old form teacher (who's now my physics teacher) was in charge for the first two weeks (they did 4 weeks altogether but with different kids after the first 2 weeks) so he asked me to help out. Some of the year 7s now come up to me and call me Miss it's cute but I'm like "i'm not a teacher you know...." :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh :tongue: I was just walking along the corridor at lunch and some Year 7s behind me went 'Miss, can we put our bags in here?' (the classroom) and I was like 'I'm not a teacher... but you probably can!'. I'm really short and young-looking though so I'm not sure why they thought I looked like a teacher- maybe I look like one of them from the back? :lol:

Original post by Guills on wheels
Yeah, alright, on the verge of sending off my applications, so a wee bit nervous.

A2 is so much better than AS, by the way.

Generally, quite chilled, working ****ing hard but happy nonetheless. You?

Ooh, where are you applying to? And what are you studying/planning to study? :smile:

I'm finding AS quite good at the moment! And I'm generally pretty happy :tongue:
Original post by EmyJ14
Ooh, where are you applying to? And what are you studying/planning to study? :smile:

I'm finding AS quite good at the moment! And I'm generally pretty happy :tongue:

SOAS
Nottingham
Sheffield
Leeds
Durham

For Chinese Studies :')

Latest