The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athena'sWisdom
Hi everyone, I've finally decided to join the thread this year :biggrin: I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and RS at AS and then Italian GCSE even though I haven't practised Italian for two years :s-smilie: I'm excited to start now, even if I'm terrified of being overwhelmed by the level of work...

Hello! :biggrin: I'm taking Chem and Maths too :biggrin: I think excited and terrified is a common combination :tongue:
What are you thinking of doing at uni? :smile:
Original post by EmyJ14
:biggrin: I can indeed!

Which one might that be?

ALSO, have they gotten rid of the Sherlock smilie?!?! :eek: :eek3:

That'd probably be Vionar then :teehee:

Hint: the one I'm from :tongue:

I have no idea, they may have done :eek: :holmes:

I suggest fabulous be one of the adjectives :tongue:

And does 'ho bisogno' mean something to do with the verb 'to need'?
Original post by Vionar
Already got another :biggrin:

I only approve of one of those :colonhash:

I saw :tongue:

Why? :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
I saw :tongue:

Why? :tongue:

I cannot divulge my reasons :mmm:
Original post by Blood
Hello, nice to meet you! :smile:

Nice options - I'm also taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths (along with Further Maths).

I'm excited too, it's nice to think that we'll be studying subjects that we care about and we'll actually learn them to a more in-depth level whilst probably dreading the amount of work at the same time. Heyho - I'm still excited!

Nice to meet you too :smile: Exactly, it's just the subjects that we have a passion for :biggrin:

Original post by EmyJ14

Hi, nice to meet you! :smile: I'm doing Italian A-Level next year, I finished the GCSE in Year 10 so I basically haven't practised for a year :redface: I'm also doing Chemistry and Maths AS (as well as Further Maths and French) :tongue:

Great options :biggrin: Did you feel that the Italian GCSE was of a comparable level of difficulty to other language GCSE's or harder? I'm starting to get anxious about my lack of Italian knowledge now...

Original post by KythingToWrite
Hello! :biggrin: I'm taking Chem and Maths too :biggrin: I think excited and terrified is a common combination :tongue:
What are you thinking of doing at uni? :smile:

Hi! :biggrin: Yeah I think it probably is :tongue: Probably Medicine, that's been my ambition for the last few years but at the same time I really want to do Chemistry degree so I don't know now :s-smilie:
Original post by Vionar

Wait what Sherlock smilie?!
Original post by Vionar

Aha I thought so :tongue:

OH, it's holmes! I thought it was sherlock :facepalm: Hence why it wasn't working for me :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Yes!!

'Ho bisogno' means 'I need' :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vionar
I cannot divulge my reasons :mmm:
PM then? :tongue:

And.. because you said one of them .. does that mean you don't like the invaders? :emo:

You didn't know of it? :holmes:

Original post by EmyJ14
Aha I thought so :tongue:

OH, it's holmes!:rolleyes: I thought it was : : :facepalm: Hence why it wasn't working for me :L

Spoiler

Yes!!

'Ho bisogno' means 'I need' :tongue:

Mystery solved! :biggrin:

:sexface: is pretty fun when used with the appropriate statement :tongue:

Ooh yay :biggrin: I now have an Italian album on my ipod and I heard ho bisogno and I swear I'd read about what it meant before :tongue:
PM then? :tongue:

And.. because you said one of them .. does that mean you don't like the invaders? :emo:

Never! :eek:

Nope, it just means that you edited your post after I'd read it :tongue:
Original post by Athena'sWisdom
Great options :biggrin: Did you feel that the Italian GCSE was of a comparable level of difficulty to other language GCSE's or harder? I'm starting to get anxious about my lack of Italian knowledge now...

I learnt Italian from scratch to GCSE level in 2 years, and I found it quite easy because I'd done French and Spanish previously. I think it was around the same difficulty as French GCSE. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll pick it up quickly enough :tongue:

:holmes:
Original post by Vionar
Never! :eek:

Nope, it just means that you edited your post after I'd read it :tongue:

Why not? :frown:

Ohh, so you do like the invaders then? :biggrin:
Original post by Vionar
Mystery solved! :biggrin:

:sexface: is pretty fun when used with the appropriate statement :tongue:

Ooh yay :biggrin: I now have an Italian album on my ipod and I heard ho bisogno and I swear I'd read about what it meant before :tongue:

:biggrin:

Yes, it is :tongue: Was it you that I used :bl: with?

Ah, fair enough. Which album is it?

I feel like invading one of the other threads (Year 10 or 11), but I'm not sure what to write :tongue:
Why not? :frown:

Ohh, so you do like the invaders then? :biggrin:

Because of reasons I may share over PM :mmm:

I do approve of them :tongue:
Original post by EmyJ14
I feel like invading one of the other threads (Year 10 or 11), but I'm not sure what to write :tongue:

'LOOOOL you've got GCSEs to take and you're all going to faaaaiiillll miserably *mwahahahahaahaha*'?

It's the kind of inviting welcome that speaks of warmth and kind fuzziness.
Original post by EmyJ14

Yes, it is :tongue: Was it you that I used :bl: with?

Ah, fair enough. Which album is it?

I don't know, but :bl: is still awesome :biggrin: And :banana:

It's one of Nina Zilli's, I decided to get the smaller of the three, and get two specific songs I wanted from one of the others :tongue:

Well hello is often a good start :wink:
You are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper so please dont let those grades decide your fate. Also there are other options for example Btecs so its not completely the end of the world if you dont get the grades. You did the best that you could and if you have not i guess you have learnt your lesson that its though out there so be prepared...Remember life does not go in a straight line so dont stress of over exam results...

It is not all about going to cambridge or oxford....do what suits you.

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Edit: It is not all about a piece of paper with your name on it.
Original post by EmyJ14
I learnt Italian from scratch to GCSE level in 2 years, and I found it quite easy because I'd done French and Spanish previously. I think it was around the same difficulty as French GCSE. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll pick it up quickly enough :tongue:

Thanks, that's calmed me a bit :tongue: There's only going to be two students in my class so that should help :biggrin:
Original post by Vionar
Because of reasons I may share over PM :mmm:

I do approve of them :tongue:

:puppyeyes:

:puppyeyes:

Isn't posting something only using smileys against the rules? :redface: :tongue:

Latest