The Student Room Group

Official Cambridge Applicants Thread 2016 Entry

EDIT: This thread has now reached limit, find the Official Cambridge Applicants Thread 2016 Entry MK II here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3370493

Hi everyone! :party:

I know it's very early but I've noticed a lot of people that are intending to apply in 2016/17 lurking around on other Cambridge threads. I think it's about time for us to have our own thread!
Hopefully we can motivate each other for our first year of A-levels/IB and so on.

Post the subject that you're hoping to apply for and any things you're doing to enhance your subject knowledge. Feel free to post your chosen A levels/IB as it may help others to decide. :smile:

My chosen A-levels:

Spoiler

Also, even if you don't want to apply to Cambridge then this thread will (hopefully) be a good motivator, so feel free to chip in!

Good Luck all.

Also don't forget to check out TSR's 'University Course and Connect' - You can sign up even if your GCSE results are pending! Just fill out details of the institutes/courses you are hoping to apply to. There's a specific Cambridge Uni connect page as well. :h:

Remember to pick the correct 2015/16 option for applying in 2015 for 2016 entry. :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Isn't it a bit too early? :lol:
Chosen A levels:
Maths
History
Biology
Chemistry 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm taking:
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Maths
Reply 4
Original post by yellowcopter
Isn't it a bit too early? :lol:

Still :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by sophiewantstheA*
Chosen A levels:
Maths
History
Biology
Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good! What subjects are you most interested in? :smile:
I can't wait for the 2018 thread. Bye! :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by yellowcopter
I'll join in then. :tongue:

A-Levels:
Computing
Maths
Physics
English Literature

Course:
Computer Science

The course I want to do and my A-Levels MIGHT change though, depends on my GCSE results.

*High five* We have English Literature in common! I was considering Comp Sci until I realised the amount of maths involved. :eek: You must be very good!
Heyyo! :biggrin: I cant wait for this to take off :biggrin:

Even if you dont want to go to Cambridge- this is motivation to do well and work your hardest :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by karmacrunch
I can't wait for the 2018 thread. Bye! :tongue:

N'aw you can stick with us! I'll be more than happy to help with advice for GCSEs and stuff :tongue:
Reply 10
I'm waiting for the 2018 thread!:smile:
Reply 11
I'm taking:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

At the minute I would apply for maths.
Reply 12
Original post by Naomi64
I'm waiting for the 2018 thread!:smile:

Like I said to karmacrunch, you can stick with us! Most of us have done our GCSEs so if you need help/advice then we'll be more than happy to help. :smile: It will also keep you guys motivated, It helps... I lurked on the old offer threads. :colone:
Reply 13
Original post by TirnanF
I'm taking:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

At the minute I would apply for maths.

Sounds cool! Wish I was good at maths :eek:
Original post by Gorwell
N'aw you can stick with us! I'll be more than happy to help with advice for GCSEs and stuff :tongue:

Hehe, thanks! :smile:
Jesus christ this is early but I want to do maths or economics at Cambridge.

My subjects are: maths, further maths, physics and economics.
Reply 16
Original post by goldtippedarrows
Heyyo! :biggrin: I cant wait for this to take off :biggrin:

Even if you dont want to go to Cambridge- this is motivation to do well and work your hardest :smile:

Heeey :awesome:
Exactly! Have you got any particular degrees in mind? :smile:
Original post by Gorwell
*High five* We have English Literature in common! I was considering Comp Sci until I realised the amount of maths involved. :eek: You must be very good!

That's the problem, I'm not that great at Maths. :lol: It's not because I find it hard though, but because I was lazy and put no effort in at GCSE.

It's a bit too late to change my attitude at GCSE since it's done now. I probably got A/B. If I get a B I might reconsider changing courses. :tongue: Even if I do get a B though I can always work hard at A-Level - instead of sitting around like I did in GCSE.

Oh how I love English. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by karmacrunch
Hehe, thanks! :smile:

No problem! :biggrin:
Economics would be a dream come true. Doing maths, economics, biology and chemistry. Hoping to go into finance after uni.

Latest