The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katie.R.S.
That's awesome! People tell me i'm crazy doing all three sciences and double maths... nice to know i'm not the only person

Yeah, same here xD They call it the 'asian five' xD
4 science chick checking in!:biggrin:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eradicating
4 science chick checking in!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

4? :tongue:
Original post by Asciant
4? :tongue:

Well psychology is a science. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well psychology is a science. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol not real science (like biology ergh)
Original post by Asciant
Lol not real science (like biology ergh)

Well it's extremely hard.
Properly harder then chemistry.

Don't underestimate it...

I

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is far more active than the 2014 offer holders thread haha. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't make it real :wink:
Original post by Claree
This thread is far more active than the 2014 offer holders thread haha. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being keen is a good thing, right? :wink:
Original post by WinterWind
I wasn't motivated enough at GCSE's, so I'm definitely not going to have something like 11 A*'s. (My school only allowed me to take 9 just because English isn't my first language:s-smilie: Although I scored 7.5 in IELTS which proved I was fluent enough.) Probably 5-7 A*'s at the best...

So yeah, I'm going to work much harder at sixth form to get high Pre-U predicted grades, do lots of wider reading and get some relevant work experience etc. I'm starting at the biggest museum in my city next week:smile: Just trying to make up for my possibly mediocre GCSE's really...at least to some extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would not consider 7A* mediocre! You've got to remember that's way way above average :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyricalvibe
Can you explain that interst for economics to me please? :smile:
Don't be put off by it, just rise to the challenge, fly off iof the rife competition and just out do ever last one of those mtherfckers (sorry charlotte :wink: ).
That scares me though, a year-olser me isn't wise/organised/ enough to apply to cambridge, especially for as eccentric as philosophy :tongue: it's kinda scarry tbh

Economics

Richest people in the world.

Even though/℅, I'm not doing it... they get ridiculously high salaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asciant
Doesn't make it real :wink:

Still.

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it isn't. Psychology is nowhere near as difficult as chemistry, especially when you get to university level stuff. Plus it's not even a real science.
Economics

Richest people in the world.

Even though/℅, I'm not doing it... they get ridiculously high salaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want to do it just for the salary... honest :wink: :rolleyes:
Original post by thechemistress
No, it isn't. Psychology is nowhere near as difficult as chemistry, especially when you get to university level stuff. Plus it's not even a real science.

My opinion.

Plus, It may be because i find chemistry easier than psychology.

:biggrin: don't fret.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My opinion.

Plus, It may be because i find chemistry easier than psychology.

:biggrin: don't fret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At GCSE, perhaps xD GCSE Chemistry isn't exactly challenging. I assume you haven't done A-Level Chemistry?

Wouldn't make sense for it to be harder anyways. Psychology is an application of both biology and chemistry, so incorporates bits of each science, but never the whole thing. Therefore it couldn't ever be more difficult, from a non-subjectibe viewpoint xD
Original post by thechemistress
At GCSE, perhaps xD GCSE Chemistry isn't exactly challenging. I assume you haven't done A-Level Chemistry?

Wouldn't make sense for it to be harder anyways. Psychology is an application of both biology and chemistry, so incorporates bits of each science, but never the whole thing. Therefore it couldn't ever be more difficult, from a non-subjectibe viewpoint xD

Let's agree to disagree.

Yet unconvinced but all is good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Original post by yellowcopter
We'll see on judgement day (results day) :lol:

That'd be awesome, thanks! :biggrin:

I'll probably have to send it to you tomorrow as I've been given the terrible task of writing a leavers day speech :frown:
Reply 198
Original post by Claree

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay :tongue:
Reply 199
Original post by ClickItBack
Kids these days ... y'all are so keen.

As someone who's been through it all and graduated a little while ago, the two bits of advice I'd give are: 1) don't get fixated on the name and the pretty buildings; make sure the course is right for you (especially stuff like economics and compsci are highly theoretical/maths heavy at Cam) 2) Cambridge is really not the be all and end all of life. Clichéd but true.

That said, it is pretty damn amazing :wink:.

You speak the truth. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending