The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kyraaalm
I was just wondering if you reckon I'm good enough to study Engineering at Cambridge in 2016:

Taking for AS:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics
(Can probably get A's in all)

Will then take Maths, Further Maths and Physics onto A2. Should easily get A* in Maths and hopefully Physics and at least A in FMaths

Would then do an EPQ in something Engineering

GCSE (will find out actual grades in 3 weeks (urghh....):
Maths: A*
Core Science: A*
Additional Science: A*
English Lan: A
English Lit: A
Religious Studies: A*
ICT: A*
Business Studies: A*
Business Communication Systems : A*
Design&Technology Graphics: A
(These will probably be a bit lower though... but science, ICT and maths are defo A*)

FSMQ in Additional Maths predicted A

I'm an Arkwright Scholar

Also I'm a Maths Scholar in my school

I really want to get in so I hope I'm good enough...

You sound good enough to me, your A level choices are good and your GCSEs look promising.. At A level try and get as close as you can to 95% UMS in at least 3 of your 4 subjects to make yourself very competitive. Good luck on results day
Original post by TheNicholas
You sound good enough to me, your A level choices are good and your GCSEs look promising.. At A level try and get as close as you can to 95% UMS in at least 3 of your 4 subjects to make yourself very competitive. Good luck on results day

Thank you! I really want to study there

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a medicine hopeful

I'm thinking of taking
As level
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths or History. I'm stuck between those two subjects but it depends what I get at GCSE
Original post by keleinabox
I'm a medicine hopeful

I'm thinking of taking
As level
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths or History. I'm stuck between those two subjects but it depends what I get at GCSE

I would defo take Maths if I were you... Its probably more useful for Medicine
I'm a medicine hopeful

I'm thinking of taking
As level
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Maths AS is pretty much a must for Cambridge medicine
Reply 385
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Maths AS is pretty much a must for Cambridge medicine

I see the 2015 thread legend has made an appearance! :tongue:
Original post by Gorwell
I see the 2015 thread legend has made an appearance! :tongue:

:colondollar: shucks

You 2016?

Awkward moment when I don't even get an interview
I think I'm going to take AS level Maths then drop it since its not my strongest subject
I think I'm going to take AS level Maths then drop it since its not my strongest subject

Im not 100% sure but I am almost certain Maths into A2 is a requirement from the open day...although they'll turn a blind eye if you Physics(if thats what you chose instead) is very impressive
The possibility of following my sister to Cambridge as spurred me to the end of GCSE year
but I rarely expect to be able to compete with the grades i'm expecting
but I can atleast say ive turned myself from a B/C's student to an A/A* grade student
(hopefully anyways)
Reply 390
:colondollar: shucks

You 2016?

Awkward moment when I don't even get an interview

If you mean entry-wise then yes :tongue: legend like yourself? Not quite yet!

Ah I'm sure you'll get one. :smile: You seemed really smart on that thread! Stay positive :biggrin:
Original post by Gorwell
If you mean entry-wise then yes :tongue: legend like yourself? Not quite yet!

Ah I'm sure you'll get one. :smile: You seemed really smart on that thread! Stay positive :biggrin:

Hahaha, legend. You guys make me seem like I'm not a normal user :tongue: but a super one

Best of luck, which course?
Original post by PointDexter
Im not 100% sure but I am almost certain Maths into A2 is a requirement from the open day...although they'll turn a blind eye if you Physics(if thats what you chose instead) is very impressive

I read that applicants who did three or more science subjects are more successful than applicants doing only 2 which is why i want to do more science subjects. A2 Maths isn't a requirement except for one college in Cambridge requires you to do it but I forgot the name of it. If physics makes up for not doing maths I am happy since I prefer it.
Reply 393
Hahaha, legend. You guys make me seem like I'm not a normal user :tongue: but a super one

Best of luck, which course?

That's got to be a good thing right? You have a chance at fame here! :tongue:
Thank you, good luck to you too. :biggrin: I've got my heart set on either History or Literature at the moment, what about you?
Original post by Gorwell
That's got to be a good thing right? You have a chance at fame here! :tongue:
Thank you, good luck to you too. :biggrin: I've got my heart set on either History or Literature at the moment, what about you?

I guess so:cool:

History! Go for history :awesome:

I'm for NatSci though :yep:
The possibility of following my sister to Cambridge as spurred me to the end of GCSE year
but I can atleast say ive turned myself from a B/C's student to an A/A* grade student
(hopefully anyways)

What does your sister study at Cambridge? :smile:
Reply 396
(hopefully anyways)

That's excellent! Well done you, :five: what are you doing for A-level?
Reply 397
I guess so:cool:

History! Go for history :awesome:

I'm for NatSci though :yep:

Do I spot a secret History nerd? :emo:

That degree sounds awesome! I'm not a pro at the sciences so staying away from them. :biggrin: What other unis are you planning on applying to? :smile:
(hopefully anyways)

What do you want to study at uni?
Original post by thechemistress
What does your sister study at Cambridge? :smile:

Nat sci
(changed from med to that i believe)

Latest

Trending

Trending