The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alow
Interviews are different for each college but for Phys NatSci I has one Chemistry and one Physics interview. They both pretty much just had me figure stuff out using the things I had learnt from A Level Maths/Chem/Physics.

Take as much maths as you possibly can.

Do you think itsvworth taking further maths a 5 option? I'm currently choosing maths/chem/bio/phys/philosophy but I am considering changing philosophy?

Original post by St. Brynjar
Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Joe and I'm the Access Officer at Trinity Hall, which means it's my job to make sure no one is put off from applying for financial or cultural reasons. I'm also a 2nd year Geographer, so feel free to fire away with colouring-in jokes!

It's great that you're all thinking so far ahead already, it'll give you the best possible chance to providing a competitive application. If anyone has any questions about Trinity Hall, the application process, college choice in general or anything else Cambridge-related I'm here to answer

Do you have any advice on a strong application for courses like natural svience or chemistry?
Reply 581
Original post by lyricalvibe
Do you think itsvworth taking further maths a 5 option? I'm currently choosing maths/chem/bio/phys/philosophy but I am considering changing philosophy?

Definitely. It's both easier (IMO) and more important for your application than philosophy.
Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
Hello,

I'm another aspiring Lawyer/Investment Banker.

Currently, completing 11 GCSE courses, starting in September.

A Level Choices I am considering:

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
History

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey again! Are you going to be applying for Law at uni then? We're doing identical A Levels haha!

I've decided to go with Maths and change my A Level options to Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry and Critical Thinking and then do a law conversion :smile:
Original post by bitofageek
How did everyone's results go? Hope we're all still on track for Cambridge![/

Pretty pleased with my GCSEs. Got 10 A* :biggrin:

As we're all well aware the key for Cambridge is the AS UMS - the 'best 3 average'. Now to enjoy the rest of the holidays and get cracking again in Sept.
Original post by DanteA
Finally, a thread for us OCD over thinkers and pre-planners. I want to go to Cambridge and study Computer Science, and am already planning which Cambridge College I want to apply to.

My A-Levels are:
Maths (I'm doing this a year early so ail finished the A2 by Year 12, so I can pick up the extended project for Year 13)
Further Maths
Physics
Psychology
Extended Project

Snap :tongue: Also doing Maths/FM/Physics, and also finishing Maths in a year (hopefully)! :biggrin: What's your exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alow
Definitely. It's both easier (IMO) and more important for your application than philosophy.

Thanks! I think I'll either do FM rather than philosophy ( more likely) or just drop philosophy and do 4.
From your profile you seem to be doing what I want to do at Cambridge with comparable gcses , what did you do differently to try and get in? Any advice?
How did everyone's results go? Hope we're all still on track for Cambridge!

They went great thanks :biggrin: Added to my confidence a bit that I might be capable of getting to Cambridge :yes:
Original post by Magnesium
Hey again! Are you going to be applying for Law at uni then? We're doing identical A Levels haha!

I've decided to go with Maths and change my A Level options to Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry and Critical Thinking and then do a law conversion :smile:

Are you not thinking about doing law at Uni then if you're going to do the conversion course? :rolleyes:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Are you not thinking about doing law at Uni then if you're going to do the conversion course? :rolleyes:

I'm not anymore :frown: I'm too scared I'll dislike the law degree itself, and I've always wanted to do Maths anyway :smile: You still thinking about the law course? :biggrin:
I'm not anymore :frown: I'm too scared I'll dislike the law degree itself, and I've always wanted to do Maths anyway :smile: You still thinking about the law course? :biggrin:

I'm slightly scared I won't like it too, but I'm still thinking about going for it :redface: Hopefully everything will work out well :biggrin:
I'm sure you'll have fun doing maths :yes:

I think I'm still on track xD I got 11A*s and 1B which I'm over the moon with (if you exclude the B -_- ). So time to smash AS UMS :wink:

Do you have any advice on a strong application for courses like natural svience or chemistry?

Dude xD If you change to FM, you'll be doing the exact same subjects as me :wink:
Original post by thechemistress
I think I'm still on track xD I got 11A*s and 1B which I'm over the moon with (if you exclude the B -_- ). So time to smash AS UMS :wink:

Well done, they're great :woo:
Well done, they're great :woo:

Original post by thechemistress
Dude xD If you change to FM, you'll be doing the exact same subjects as me :wink:

You may have to tutor me because furhter maths scares me :eek: I even turned down my prefered sixth form not to do it and now I'm doing it -_-
Congrats on your GCSEs by the way!
What you planning on doing, apart from geting 5A*s for natural science application :biggrin: ? I'm clueless and spending the next week getting clued up on uni and chizz :tongue:
You may have to tutor me because furhter maths scares me :eek: I even turned down my prefered sixth form not to do it and now I'm doing it -_-
Congrats on your GCSEs by the way!
What you planning on doing, apart from geting 5A*s for natural science application :biggrin: ? I'm clueless and spending the next week getting clued up on uni and chizz :tongue:

Dw, it terrifies me too :lol:
Aw, that sucks dude. Where are you going now?
Yeah, pretty much the same as you xD I've also started reading around my subjects- starting with physics now :lol:
I'm slightly scared I won't like it too, but I'm still thinking about going for it :redface: Hopefully everything will work out well :biggrin:
I'm sure you'll have fun doing maths :yes:

Ahh i'm so scared :frown: I want to make the right choice and it's so hard D: Yeah same here :biggrin:

You looking forward to September? I'M SO EXCITED AGH

12A*s 2As - over the moon :biggrin: Hopefully still on track xD
Original post by _sahara
Hey everyone! I got 8A*s and 5As in my GCSEs this year. Will the 5As affect my application (if I make one, it's still quite early!)?

I also took Critical Thinking early at AS and got an A. I got 83 ums on the first module and 85 on the second. For A level I am taking Geography, Biology, English Language and Literature and History. I do various extra curriculars and intend to do an EPQ.

I am thinking of possibly doing Geography. Is my profile competitive/good enough so far?

Should be fine

I got 8 A*s 6 As a B and a C

Applying this round
Ahh i'm so scared :frown: I want to make the right choice and it's so hard D: Yeah same here :biggrin:

You looking forward to September? I'M SO EXCITED AGH

Same, I'm really nervous about it!

But September should be great! Because I'm just going to the sixth form at my school, all of my friends will be there and I already know the teachers, I'm really looking forward to it! :woo: Still need to get some more clothes for it though haha

Latest

Trending

Trending