The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
I'm liking this thread, nothing is too "early". It's good to see people with the right mentality. Anyways, I'm studying Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by C0balt
? Are you self teaching or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. There's a longer story but I am self studying. I want to have Fp2, M2, Bio4 and F324 completed by the end of Dec.
Original post by Wals
I'm liking this thread, nothing is too "early". It's good to see people with the right mentality. Anyways, I'm studying Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. :biggrin::biggrin:

Nice subjects :biggrin:.
Original post by Wals

Medicine? :tongue:
Original post by sarcastic-sal
I really liked chem last year but the content is far better this year, and the practicals are better too. They trust you with more dangerous chemicals :wink:

Oh really
My teacher will probably kill us all by the end of next year then.
He made us use concentrated sulphuric acid/ammonia without gloves, and made us produce hydrogen halide and hydrogen sulfide outside of fume cupboard lol. Ok, two windows were open but still....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Oh really
My teacher will probably kill us all by the end of next year then.
He made us use concentrated sulphuric acid/ammonia without gloves, and made us produce hydrogen halide and hydrogen sulfide outside of fume cupboard lol. Ok, two windows were open but still....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher frequently realises we were supposed to do stuff in the fume cupboard after the lesson. :colondollar: At least we have a 'always wear gloves in organic practicals' rule!
I think you tend to be more careful if there are big warning symbols on the bottles and you're using expensive glassware - the only time I've ever spilt anything over me was doing a titration!
Sorry for butting in! I'm an EU prospective applicant in Philosophy (college undecided - god, how are we supposed to pick one?). Just thought I would pop in to say hello. It's really encouraging seeing you all here and I really look forward to take part in our joint journey towards Cambridge! :cute:
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Our teacher frequently realises we were supposed to do stuff in the fume cupboard after the lesson. :colondollar: At least we have a 'always wear gloves in organic practicals' rule!
I think you tend to be more careful if there are big warning symbols on the bottles and you're using expensive glassware - the only time I've ever spilt anything over me was doing a titration!

Lol yeah, true. But I spilled conc. ammonia all over the bench and a bit on my hand because I pressed the container hard to put it into silver halide, and the container's neck wasnt closed properly so the conc ammonia happily leaked from there with high velocity XD
thankfully I didnt get any chemical burn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Original post by keromedic
Yes. There's a longer story but I am self studying. I want to have Fp2, M2, Bio4 and F324 completed by the end of Dec.

Nice subjects :biggrin:.

Thanks
Reply 1188
Original post by BBeyond
Medicine? :tongue:

I want to study Aerospace Engineering.
Anyone looking for STEP problems that don't require C3/4 knowledge or some of the easier problems- STEP 1 2004 Question 1 really only requires C1.

http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/oxb.htm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TirnanF
Anyone looking for STEP problems that don't require C3/4 knowledge or some of the easier problems- STEP 1 2004 Question 1 really only requires C1.

http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/oxb.htm

Posted from TSR Mobile

StEp 1 2006 very straithtforward aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
StEp 1 2006 very straithtforward aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A particular question or the paper in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TirnanF
A particular question or the paper in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh question 1. a couple others require little knowledge aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Oh question 1. a couple others require little knowledge aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's helpful, cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a_quiet_person
Yep, either that or electrical engineering. What A levels are you doing?

Maths, Further Maths, English Literature, Physics and History, yourself?
Hi everyone. Sorry for butting into your thread and everything but I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm currently in Y12 studying Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry, so I suppose it should be pretty obvious I would be applying for NatSci (Physical) for 2016 entry... and basically I know no one irl who I could discuss Cambridge with properly, hence here I am. *waves*
Original post by raineandfyre
Hi everyone. Sorry for butting into your thread and everything but I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm currently in Y12 studying Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry, so I suppose it should be pretty obvious I would be applying for NatSci (Physical) for 2016 entry... and basically I know no one irl who I could discuss Cambridge with properly, hence here I am. *waves*

:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing the exact same a levels as you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kyraaalm
I am doing the exact same a levels as you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! How are you enjoying them so far? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending