The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xenorebrem
Ofc but how can we PROVE that maths is the best. Maybe induction would suffice.

Proof by induction:

Maths is better than biology of course. The proof is trivial so I'll leave that for the reader.:tongue: and we know that biology is THE LOWEST subject.

Now if maths is better than subject x then since maths is maths it is also better than subject x+1. So our proof is complete. QED.

so take chemistry as x. if maths is better than subject chemistry then since maths is maths it is also better than subject chemistry+1. which unfortunately isnt a subject therefore this doesnt prove anything other than its better than subject x, which can only b the subject u choose x to be.
Original post by physicsmaths
Let us assume maths is not better then the set of n subjects where n is all positive real subjects. Hence by Pythagoras no such think exists, therefore by contradiction going against the laws of water mathematics is the best.
I'm trying my best to stay sane before the Cambridge decision comes through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol'd at "the laws of water".
Was that a typo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Master219
so take chemistry as x. if maths is better than subject chemistry then since maths is maths it is also better than subject chemistry+1. which unfortunately isnt a subject therefore this doesnt prove anything other than its better than subject x, which can only b the subject u choose x to be.

Lol chemistry+1 is obviously physics. Cmon EVERYONE knows that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was that a typo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
applying for HSPS at Pembroke, taking English Lit, Politics, Music and Psychology currently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and phy+1? and maths+1? Everyone also knows that (ipad+flag+ctrl key on my laptop keyboard)/(xenon)^2 = pillow, just like how everyone knew chem+1 is phys.
I'm taking

History
English language and literature
Maths
Photography

Looking for a degree in History, would anyone advise me doing an EPQ next year to boost my application?
If I want to do a Science-related degree or Medicine and at AS I get AAAB with the B being in French, would I still be okay if I apply to Cambridge (or Oxford). At GCSE I got 9A*s 2As 1B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

look without maths physics wouldn't work. Chemistry is basically just particle physics so maths again, lastly biology is just like mitosis so like its like chips and beans with gravy. Hence maths is better again. QED

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was that a typo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Water law is the field of law dealing with the ownership, control, and use of water as a resource. It is most closely related to property law, but has also become influenced by environmental law. Because water is vital to living things and to a variety of economic activities, laws attempting to govern it have far-reaching effects.
Original post by Azzer11
If I want to do a Science-related degree or Medicine and at AS I get AAAB with the B being in French, would I still be okay if I apply to Cambridge (or Oxford). At GCSE I got 9A*s 2As 1B.

Yh ur gcse are more then ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Water law is the field of law dealing with the ownership, control, and use of water as a resource. It is most closely related to property law, but has also become influenced by environmental law. Because water is vital to living things and to a variety of economic activities, laws attempting to govern it have far-reaching effects.

Without water, lucozade wouldn't exist so Yh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
look without maths physics wouldn't work. Chemistry is basically just particle physics so maths again, lastly biology is just like mitosis so like its like chips and beans with gravy. Hence maths is better again. QED

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is particle physics maths? mitosis has no link with chips and beans with gravy. But then if there was no maths then physics would b different to what we know physics to be. Ur assuming that no subject would change if maths wasnt there
Without water, lucozade wouldn't exist so Yh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither would u/me/everyone.
Yh ur gcse are more then ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but I'm more worried about the prospect of getting a B in French.
Original post by Mr...
Your completely right and I think people stress about it because the candidates are now being seen as a person and there are certain things like making a mathematical mistake that they think they'll be penalised for whereas on their UCAS application all the content is revised over and over so their is no room for error.

Were the people who found it easy all applying for NatSci too?

Are you applying?

Yep

Applying?
Original post by Azzer11

You haven't sat them, so don't contemplate. Just get the A in French it's super easy.

But yeah, should be if you had 3 good As in the others for Cambridge.
How is particle physics maths? mitosis has no link with chips and beans with gravy. But then if there was no maths then physics would b different to what we know physics to be. Ur assuming that no subject would change if maths wasnt there

Can't tell if serious?

:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yep

Applying?

You haven't sat them, so don't contemplate. Just get the A in French it's super easy.

But yeah, should be if you had 3 good As in the others for Cambridge.

I know I shouldn't really but I'm really struggling at the moment. I swapped Physics for French 6 weeks into term and before that I hadn't been taught GCSE French since year 10 as I had done it a year early. So getting a B seems to be the realistic grade for me at the moment :frown:
Can't tell if serious?

:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im serious. Without maths being there, it doesnt mean that nothing would make sense or wteva cuz maybe sumthing that we cant think of could take it place.
Im serious. Without maths being there, it doesnt mean that nothing would make sense or wteva cuz maybe sumthing that we cant think of could take it place.

If it wasn't for mathematics higher level physics and chemistry wouldn't exist. Higher level particle physics is just differential equations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending