The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
Awesome! I should probably start doing olympiad prep but I much prefer STEP to be honest... probably won't be saying that in a year's time lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm all STEP'd out for awhile, I think I'll leave it until after exams as I don't want to run out of questions :tongue: BMO looks fun though :biggrin:
Hi, im planning on applying post-A level to Cambridge for 2016 entry. I take Geography, French, Biology, English Language and General Studies to A2. Im predicted A*A*A*A*A and will hopefully be applying for Geography at either Selwyn or Christs college. If you have any questions about the university, please dont hesitate to inbox me as I have family who have been through the university, so I may be able to answer your questions :smile: good luck everyone x
I may have posted here, no idea, my memory is too poor :tongue:

But I will hopefully be applying for Engineering at maybe trinity, still unsure on which college.

I currently do maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and critical thinking (a waste of time I know). Thinking of doing German AS next year if I get the chance, but I need to improve on chemistry as I messed up some tests at the start of the year!
Original post by AstroNandos

But I will hopefully be applying for Engineering at maybe trinity, still unsure on which college.

I currently do maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and critical thinking (a waste of time I know). Thinking of doing German AS next year if I get the chance, but I need to improve on chemistry as I messed up some tests at the start of the year!

dw nobody cares about chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

focus on 100%s in maths physics and further maths first. then do the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
dw nobody cares about chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

focus on 100%s in maths physics and further maths first. then do the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should still try and do well in it seeing as I'm up against lots of people with perfect grades . At first I hated it but now it isn't too shabby :tongue:
I should still try and do well in it seeing as I'm up against lots of people with perfect grades . At first I hated it but now it isn't too shabby :tongue:

yh work hard definately but maths and physics shud be aimed at 100%. i got a D In chemistry and got in for maths on saturday.
main aim for them is to see how you think in maths and physics problems for engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I despised chemistry and i always will lol. I only liked the particle stuff in chemistry and that was it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh work hard definately but maths and physics shud be aimed at 100%. i got a D In chemistry and got in for maths on saturday.
main aim for them is to see how you think in maths and physics problems for engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I despised chemistry and i always will lol. I only liked the particle stuff in chemistry and that was it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'll definitely prioritise maths and physics. I'll need as high a UMS as possible for those! But chemistry, I hated I think because of the teachers, but as we progress it's getting better. We've been doing work for the chemistry olympiad and I thought that was pretty interesting :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of grades did you get in class tests/ mocks (for chemistry) ?
Original post by MathMeister
What kind of grades did you get in class tests/ mocks (for chemistry) ?

after fevruary got straight A's before that i got straight U's. My strength was all bonding and abit of organic chem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is all this BMO and Olympiad stuff? Which schools do them? If most Natsci applicants partake in them, I'm probably not likely to get in :lol:
after fevruary got straight A's before that i got straight U's. My strength was all bonding and abit of organic chem.
Posted from TSR Mobile

very strange- how come you ended up with a D?
did organic chem and bonding not come up? :tongue:
very strange- how come you ended up with a D?
did organic chem and bonding not come up? :tongue:

it did but i dunno, i got around 50/80 in each paper so im mot relaly sure. dont care now that i have an offer 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1594
Original post by WithoutMuchHope
What is all this BMO and Olympiad stuff? Which schools do them? If most Natsci applicants partake in them, I'm probably not likely to get in :lol:

No way in hell do most NatScis take part in those. No way in hell do most *mathmos* take part in that (though a lot of mathmos probably do the maths challenges which are lower level versions of this).
it did but i dunno, i got around 50/80 in each paper so im mot relaly sure. dont care now that i have an offfer
Posted from TSR Mobile

yh i wouldnt care either
btw what did you get in the practical?
Hi I am in year 12 now and I want to do computer science at Cambridge. .at gcse I got 7A*s and 3Bs (Bs in french, business and English language)...and I am doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at AS, I am getting 98% in maths and 95% in physics and chemistry in the exams we've had at the moment. Do I stand a good chance? Also I do programming in c, python and a little java and have other extra curriculars?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh i wouldnt care either
btw what did you get in the practical?

c or d. i didnt go in for some of it. Sorry for being a bad example 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
Hi I am in year 12 now and I want to do computer science at Cambridge. .at gcse I got 7A*s and 3Bs (Bs in french, business and English language)...and I am doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry at AS, I am getting 98% in maths and 95% in physics and chemistry in the exams we've had at the moment. Do I stand a good chance? Also I do programming in c, python and a little java and have other extra curriculars?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh ofcourse u got a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
... Do I stand a good chance?
Posted from TSR Mobile

surprised they don't call you Cambridge kid lol
:tongue:
I suppose make sure you can really do comp sci as you're not doing it at AS/A2 level...
just so long as your good
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending