The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Government & Politics. What did everyone get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Epicurus
There May Indeed Be A Conspiracy To Give Studentroom Posters 530. I Got 530 Too!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did Politics three years ago... and I'm sure I got 530 as well...... conspiracy indeed (most of it followed AS brilliant marks, A2 not so good).
Reply 21
it gets weirder and weirder
I got at AS:

Unit 1:90/100 (a) :biggrin:
Unit 2:90/100 (a) :biggrin:
Unit 3:68/100 (c) :mad:

Overall 248/300 (A), but unit 3 nearly let me down.
I have new found interest in politics and want to do an AS goverment and politics, will I find it ard considering that I know nothing about politics or do you need some knowledge about it. Also, I didn't do history at GCSE.
Reply 24
Nah I think you should be alright if you study hard and start taking an interest in the political stories of the newspapers.
Epicurus
Nah I think you should be alright if you study hard and start taking an interest in the political stories of the newspapers.

Okay.cool:cool:
Thanks.
Is it mainly coursework based or exams, or about equal?
Am posting as my Politics modules are the only ones I can really boast about :biggrin:

I got AS (Units 1-3):

94/100
94/100
95/100

and A2 (Units 4B-6B)

77/90
76/90
120/120 :eek:
Reply 27
WOW Those are great results well done!!!
Reply 28
Curious Leo
The Edexcel route has no coursework whatsoever. But I think the OCR equivalent does but I am not sure and someone will have to fill you in on this point. I hope that helps.
Epicurus
Curious Leo
The Edexcel route has no coursework whatsoever. But I think the OCR equivalent does but I am not sure and someone will have to fill you in on this point. I hope that helps.

Thanks!
Unit 1: 80/100
Unit 2: 80/100
Unit 3: 100/100
Unit 4D: 90/90
Unit 5D: 90/90
Unit 6D: 120/120

Was completely stunned by the A2 results... obviously my talking out of my arse and having strong opinions on things paid off!
Reply 31
OMG you got full marks in the A2 papers \/\/O\/\/
People and Politics - 93 (A)
Governing the UK - 89 (A)
The Changing UK System - 50 (D)

232/300 (B)
Reply 33
Oh man that D don't look good.
Retake Retake Retake!!!
I don't understand it because it was my strongest unit. Obviously I am retaking it to get an A.
I got the same marks as you. Spooky
Reply 36
unit 1: 300/300
unit 2: 300/300
unit 3: 300/300

If you want to get these points heres my tips!!
1)Buy the philip alan as politics revision book
2)don't have an opinion on anything in the exam
3)write fast & have an intro/conclusion

Doing A2 politics now route B and hating it....n e on have any advice on how to revise/write notes for these modules cos im basically copying word to word from heywoods "political ideologies"
Reply 37
soz!!!
in the post above i meant
unit 1 100/100
unit 2 100/100
unit 3 100/100
300 all together for ums
Reply 38
ye not bad at all.
Remember the results one gets are weighted in comparison to what others get in the cohort of politics students for that year.
Hey. Sorry if this sounds really ignorant, but can someone tell me the numerical-> letter grade conversion?

(I'm an international so I'm not too familiar with the UK grading)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending