The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
To be honest, it's posts like yours which was the reason why he developed a Luke defensive mechanism, he was always posting like this since he came into the TSR football scene but he was attacked and was actually bullied. He don't take no **** no more, Luke defensive mechanism activate !

Original post by samir12
To be honest, it's posts like this which was the reason why he developed a Luke defensive mechanism, he was always posting like this since he came into the TSR football scene but he was attacked and was actually bullied. He don't take no **** no more, Luke defensive mechanism activate !

:frown:
Original post by BenAssirati
To me a win is good, but it still hurts to see Arsenal, the team who consistently plays the best football in the league, win through a scruffy tap-in during injury time, especially with the performances of Wilshere and Cazorla yesterday.

Southampton may have played a better attacking game, but that is only because Palace were playing to defend (Southampton's defense really was quite poor today, Clyne made up for that pathetic show by being rather good going forward).

With respect, United aren't going to have a sniff at Champions League football this year, and if their performance yesterday is anything to go by, Europa League might be a stretch. Liverpool are going to be desperate, winning through terrible performances like this one and hoping to get 4th place.

yeah i agree - they thing that has always impressed me about arsenal over the year is their chemistry and elegance
they have always been the smooth, slick passing team to me so i understand what you mean about a scrappy win.

true, soton were great going forward but a little shaky at the back - we didn't capitalise as much as we should have.
honestly though, i would much rather attack a team for 95% of a game (as long as it isn't chelsea...) than have them fight back like soton did.

tbh man, i'll take 37 more desperate performances if it gets us CL.
we played lovely, great to watch football last season; although we came second and weren't aiming for the league, it feels a little bit like we failed by coming 2nd.
if it takes desperate, scrappy football to reach our target this year, so be it.

Original post by Tom_Ford
Luke, you don't half pull some **** facade with the "nice guy Luke" image. Just another deceptive scouser aren't you?

Original post by samir12
To be honest, it's posts like this which was the reason why he developed a Luke defensive mechanism, he was always posting like this since he came into the TSR football scene but he was attacked and was actually bullied. He don't take no **** no more, Luke defensive mechanism activate !

samir got it spot on.
i always posted in a repsectable and fair manner, trying not to cause offence.
but why should i if people post things like that in response (literally nothing to do with football)?

however since LDM has made me a little more volatile, i've decided to try to return back to my old posting style.
however don't think for one second i won't hang you out to dry like the little boy you are.
Original post by jam278
:frown:

It is sad really, he was a breath of fresh air on these forums, but some posters couldn't really take that and just dragged him down to a level worse then them.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
yeah i agree - they thing that has always impressed me about arsenal over the year is their chemistry and elegance
they have always been the smooth, slick passing team to me so i understand what you mean about a scrappy win.

true, soton were great going forward but a little shaky at the back - we didn't capitalise as much as we should have.
honestly though, i would much rather attack a team for 95% of a game (as long as it isn't chelsea...) than have them fight back like soton did.

tbh man, i'll take 37 more desperate performances if it gets us CL.
we played lovely, great to watch football last season; although we came second and weren't aiming for the league, it feels a little bit like we failed by coming 2nd.
if it takes desperate, scrappy football to reach our target this year, so be it.

samir got it spot on.
i always posted in a repsectable and fair manner, trying not to cause offence.
but why should i if people post things like that in response (literally nothing to do with football)?

however since LDM has made me a little more volatile, i've decided to try to return back to my old posting style.
however don't think for one second i won't hang you out to dry like the little boy you are.

Ooooh he fights back :biggrin: .
Original post by samir12
It is sad really, he was a breath of fresh air on these forums, but some posters couldn't really take that and just dragged him down to a level worse then them.

Tbh the thread needs arguments and drama. It's great having informative users but you also need the users who get the arguments in and fires up the threads.
Original post by samir12

Let's be fair here. He is like the punchbag in school/college that was always there if you were feeling stressed out. Football forums aren't meant to be nice places, full of factions and old feelings of rivalry (even hatred). The nice get seen as weak and trampled underfoot (no pun intended this time, really).
It takes a real loser to get bullied on a student forum I'll tell you that now
Original post by jam278
Tbh the thread needs arguments and drama. It's great having informative users but you also need the users who get the arguments in and fires up the threads.

Yh but not to the point where it takes up 10 odd pages which had been the case, Luke was fine as he was, the arguing doesn't suit him imo.
lol, butty is not a subtle baiter :/
Original post by baconbutty
It takes a real loser to get bullied on a student forum I'll tell you that now

Lool weren't you blasting Luke for actually doing the bullying?
Original post by barneystin
I've only ever known one person called Luke. He wore glasses, and had black hair. Looked a bit like Harry Potter, so everyone called him Potter. He sat foundation papers in GCSE Science, Maths, and English, and took PE as a GCSE.

Luke, you don't half pull some **** facade with the "nice guy Luke" image. Just another deceptive scouser aren't you?

What the hell is your problem? He tries to be nice but you tossers attack him when he does, calling him 'deceptive' and insulting him personally. When he gets annoyed and replies in kind, you act as if you are innocent and he is just a nasty person. You are a cancer to any forum that wants calm and moderated discussion. I don't care if he is a Scouser and I don't care that some of his responses are completely idiotic. If you say something normal and non-aggressive to him, he replies the same way, and that is good enough for me.
Original post by Deshi

That looks so sexy man.
Let's be fair here. He is like the punchbag in school/college that was always there if you were feeling stressed out. Football forums aren't meant to be nice places, full of factions and old feelings of rivalry (even hatred). The nice get seen as weak and trampled underfoot (no pun intended this time, really).

Probably didn't help that he's a Liverpool fan either lol.
city and liverpool both struggling but winning in their games today (if city can hold another 4 minutes)

kinda just emphasises the lack of need for panic/over reactions that some people seem to be having..

Its the first game, teams are not yet settled.. chill.

Chelsea to come
Original post by Deshi

Lindsay Lohan was a solid 9/10 back in the day.

Never seen a more convincing anti-drugs advert looking at her these days :frown:
Original post by Zürich
Lindsay Lohan was a solid 9/10 back in the day.

Never seen a more convincing anti-drugs advert looking at her these days :frown:

Mischa Barton dun goofed as well. Smoking hot during The OC days
Original post by Deshi
Mischa Barton dun goofed as well. Smoking hot during The OC days

Her lesbian scenes in the OC tho :coma:
Original post by barneystin
Her lesbian scenes in the OC tho :coma:

:dice:

Olivia Wilde was unknown back then as well, looking back at it now is definitely better.

Latest