The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by mobbsy91
Haha, thats what a lot of us who are helping out are doing - I guess insomnia helps to keep awake..

Good Luck to everyone - not long now, but I'm sure you'll all do amazingly!

Remember: If you need any help don't hesitate to ask! We're all here for you!

​GOOD LUCK!!!!

Haha thank you!!!! Glad to know I won't be only loner staying awake! Thanks for the support :smile:
Original post by elf5
Haha thank you!!!! Glad to know I won't be only loner staying awake! Thanks for the support :smile:

Nah lots of us will be awake! Whenever you get your results, let us know!
Original post by hollieeilloh
Be positive! :smile: You've done your best, that's all anyone could have asked for. There's no point worrying about bad results until you actually get them, IF you do. :smile:

aaaaaah, this is very true. I think I just like to make myself miserable so I'm not disappointed. I'll be fine. :biggrin:

Original post by Asklepios
If you don't open them, then the wave function won't collapse and your results will remain a superimposition of different states :wink:

In all seriousness though, you may as well get it over with and find out, because you're going to have to check them eventually! I'm sure you'll have done great anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm sure I'm just making everything seem a lot worse than it actually was. Like I messed up some dates in my art exam and now I'm thinking that it's the end of the world. I did that in the prelim and I still got 20/20, so idk what I'm doing.

I guess there's no point worrying until tomorrow. :P

Original post by Neuth
Stop thinking so negatively :tongue: :hugs:

Hahaha, I like the negativity. The negativity keeps me alive!

I was always that weird kid on the school trips who was like, "I bet our bus is gonna crash down the side of the mountain."
Original post by C16
I feel like a Doctor Who reference would be very appropriate..

"The moment is coming.."

I'm nervous, terrified and hoping for a miracle and get some As. It'd be amazing to get an A in Computing Science like my prelim but I'm worried that I might not as the exam was much harder than the prelim. Then all the work I did to prepare for my exams, might not be worth it.

I'm scared about my Chemistry and Biology results most importantly as they are something I most definitely need a good mark in to get into Higher so I can hopefully become a Psychiatrist in the future..

Then again I'm scared about all my exams. Ahhh.

What do you think you got in chemistry ? The marks specifically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 784
Nah lots of us will be awake! Whenever you get your results, let us know!

Aww that's great to know! Yea! will do that! :smile: thanks again :smile:
Reply 785
The nerves are most definitely starting to kick in now! Seems like yesterday I just sat my Higher English (the first one for me) and now results day is just about here. Signed up to receive them by email although I have no intention of opening the email as I like opening the envelope and revealing each grade a subject by subject. Good luck tomorrow everyone, there's nothing that can be done now and all you could do was your best. Hope you all get the results you're looking for.
Original post by Y2J97
The nerves are most definitely starting to kick in now! Seems like yesterday I just sat my Higher English (the first one for me) and now results day is just about here. Signed up to receive them by email although I have no intention of opening the email as I like opening the envelope and revealing each grade a subject by subject. Good luck tomorrow everyone, there's nothing that can be done now and all you could do was your best. Hope you all get the results you're looking for.

That's cool - I wish you the best of luck with opening your letter, and be sure to let us know how it goes!
Reply 787
I just want to point out that I'll be up all night (along with Mobbsy91) watching everyone get their results, so I'm reeeeally excited to see how amazing you all do :biggrin:
We'll also be here if you have any questions, but celebrating with you will be awesome :redface:

Original post by GoldenAge

Hahaha, I like the negativity. The negativity keeps me alive!

I was always that weird kid on the school trips who was like, "I bet our bus is gonna crash down the side of the mountain."

:rofl:

It's better to be a little negative than overly positive, I guess :dontknow:
Makes your expectations easier to achieve :lol:
Reply 788
Original post by JPiddy
What do you think you got in chemistry ? The marks specifically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well on the first section I'm pretty sure I got around 12/20 but my memory is appalling so I might be wrong.

The second section was really difficult for me and I'd be surprised if I got more than 30 on it because I made a lot of stupid mistakes. Again my memory sucks sorry so I can't really give precise answers.
Original post by C16
Well on the first section I'm pretty sure I got around 12/20 but my memory is appalling so I might be wrong.

The second section was really difficult for me and I'd be surprised if I got more than 30 on it because I made a lot of stupid mistakes. Again my memory sucks sorry so I can't really give precise answers.

Oh okay I got around that too, I think in total if you've got 55% you should be safe hopefully lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neuth
I just want to point out that I'll be up all night

The Neuth comedy show! I'll be here all night folks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 791
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The Neuth comedy show! I'll be here all night folks!

If only I was funny enough to be classed as comedy :cry2:

You'll all get fed up with me soon enough... :lol:
Original post by Neuth

Haha, fair enough - I guess I'm her comedy assistant then...
Reply 793
Original post by JPiddy
Oh okay I got around that too, I think in total if you've got 55% you should be safe hopefully lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I hope so. My teacher says he'd probably let people in the class who need higher but got a C actually take higher so I'm going for that and anything higher would be great.
can't decide whether to stay up all night for my results or go to sleep, saying that I don't think I would be able to get to sleep... :confused:
Original post by jen123456
can't decide whether to stay up all night for my results or go to sleep, saying that I don't think I would be able to get to sleep... :confused:

I assume you'll be getting them by email/text then - I know what you mean, must be hard having to wait... we'll be around if you wanna talk whilst waiting, and let us know how they go when you get them!

Good luck buddy
Original post by Neuth

"Why did you decide to become a comedian?"
"Well they were all laughing at me anyway so I thought I might as well get paid for it."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys!

It honestly feels as if I just finished my exams and now it's only a few hours till results day. Even though I went out of every exam feeling safe/happy I'm still feeling the nerves :frown: I guess it's because of my conditional- I need to get BBC including English and Maths (I've done 4 highers this year). So I shouldn't be so scared but the way I look at it is that my next 4 years of life depend on those results. Those here with unconditional offers, you are so lucky!

Is there many other people here with conditional offers?

PS: I think I might join you here during the night :smile:
Reply 798
Hype en Ecosse
:giggle:

Haha, fair enough - I guess I'm her comedy assistant then...

Hello and welcome ladies and gentleman! :top2:

*audience claps*
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Me and my assistant, Mobbs, will be keeping you entertained throughout the night.

Our first trick will be...

*drum roll*

Spoiler

*audience cheers*

I could go on... :lol:
get a tsr teamspeak for the all nighter :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending