The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Clearing 2023

Hello everyone,

It is coming up to results day and I know there will be lots of fear and anxiety out there. Whatever happens on results day, it always seems that things do work out for the best eventually. Many students will not end up going to their first choice of university, but most of them end up loving the university/job they go to instead.

Clearing is now open for advanced registration at lots of UK Universities, including The University of Sheffield. If you are interested in apply to Sheffield through clearing, you can use the link below to make an advanced application to the university - this will remove some of the admin that you'll have to do on results day!

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/clearing - register for the courses that you are interested in.

Good luck with results day! And if things do not go the way you want them to, there are always other ways to go about it.

If anyone has any worries or questions, please feel free to post in the thread or message the University of Sheffield page directly and we will do our best to answer.

Evie (4th year medic at UoS) and our other wonderful student ambasssadors.
Hi- I have an offer for Sheffield but am worried I will not get in. Can I register for advance clearing for another course as a backup? Because if I miss the grades I'd call up and try and get into another course at Sheffield first before any other uni! Or is advanced clearing just for people who don't have an offer for Sheffield at all?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by fatt_Uni1129
Hi- I have an offer for Sheffield but am worried I will not get in. Can I register for advance clearing for another course as a backup? Because if I miss the grades I'd call up and try and get into another course at Sheffield first before any other uni! Or is advanced clearing just for people who don't have an offer for Sheffield at all?

Dear fatt_Uni1129,
If you have any specific questions about clearing/ advanced clearing you can contact our Admissions Service using the links on the following webpage: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/askus. :smile:
(Please note the Admissions Service will be closed on Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th August 2023 whilst exam results are being processed.)

Good luck for results day!
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry Student at UoS)
(edited 8 months ago)
Clearing opens tomorrow morning:
Here are the numbers you will need!

0114 212 9900 from within the UK
+44 114 212 9900 from outside the UK

Thursday 17 August: 8am to 6pm
Friday 18 August: 8.30am to 5pm
Saturday 19 August: 10am to 2pm
Monday 21 to Friday 25 August: 9am to 5pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending