The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jen123456
still waiting on mine too! it's torture isn't it? what results are you waiting for? :smile:

I'm waiting for advanced biology and higher geography and business management, I have an unconditional so really these don't matter but I'm so impatient! Hope it comes soon:frown: what are you waiting on?
YAAAAASS!!!

I'm so happy! I thought for sure I'm failed maths and I ended up with a C! makes me suspicious about the grade boundaries though... :wink: i'm too happy about passing physics and maths to be bummed out about art. :biggrin:

good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to everyone who has their results!
Original post by NinetyOne
Thank you. Rather surprising results in more than one way. I have a bit of a dilemma now though. My offer for Aberdeen was for ABBB and I got AABD.. Last year I got ACC. I have my backup with Stirling which only wanted BBB but I'm not sure if I would rather wait and apply again next year. If I applied again next year would they look at my grades as a whole rather than what I just did this year? So in total I now have AAABCCD?

Personally, I think it depends on whether you would like a gap year. If you would, then I'd reapply next year with all of the results - otherwise go with your backup.
Ahhh got 8 As!! :biggrin: How on earth I got an A in English I have no idea, but I'm buzzing now :woo:
Just got my results in!

Higher English - B
Higher Maths - C
Higher Chemistry - B
Higher Computing - A
Higher Human Biology - A

Don't know how I feel. Happy overall I suppose but a bit gutted for maths!
Original post by chopinfan
Ahhh got 8 As!! :biggrin: How on earth I got an A in English I have no idea, but I'm buzzing now :woo:

Awesome buddy, thats absolutely brilliant. Congratulations - now try and go sleep, you sure do deserve it!
Original post by GeschichteJunge
Ahhh I'm so awake it's annoying😂 I hope my results are the same on the text and letter as they are on my email haha :smile: hope you all get what you's want/need :biggrin:

Go to sleeep :giggle:
No point staying up if you have results :redface:

Original post by Gemma3011
Still waiting on my email :angry:

Original post by jen123456
still waiting on mine too! it's torture isn't it?

Fingers crossed you'll get them soon! I'm here to chat in the meantime though, if you want :h:

:crossedf:
Original post by mobbsy91
Awesome buddy, thats absolutely brilliant. Congratulations - now try and go sleep, you sure do deserve it!

Thanks!!! :biggrin: You and Neuth have done a great job btw, appreciate it a lot :smile:

Not sure I can sleep now haha! :redface:
Original post by mobbsy91
Personally, I think it depends on whether you would like a gap year. If you would, then I'd reapply next year with all of the results - otherwise go with your backup.

Yeah... The only thing is is that I have this nagging feeling in the back of my head saying that I really don't have the time to 'waste' another year. I'm approaching 23 and only just pulled myself through college this last couple years after failing all of my GCSE's when I lived in England.. I kinda just feel I need to get on and not be picky about which uni I go to. Not that there is anything wrong with Stirling - it's a lovely uni.
I got mine and haven't met my conditional requirements, I needed BCC bit got CCCD, am I automatically rejected?
Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
I got mine and haven't met my conditional requirements, I needed BCC bit got CCCD, am I automatically rejected?

You will need to wait till 9am to check UCAS
Email just arrived! At last.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!!! :biggrin: You and Neuth have done a great job btw, appreciate it a lot :smile:

Thanks buddy - well, whatever you're going to do have fun!

Yeah... The only thing is is that I have this nagging feeling in the back of my head saying that I really don't have the time to 'waste' another year. I'm approaching 23 and only just pulled myself through college this last couple years after failing all of my GCSE's when I lived in England.. I kinda just feel I need to get on and not be picky about which uni I go to. Not that there is anything wrong with Stirling - it's a lovely uni.

In that case, choosing your insurance may be the best option then!
Original post by Leeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw how'd you get on?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, good luck opening them!

That sucks, but not necessarily. You will have to wait til UCAS comes up so you can check at 9am but if you have enough UCAS points they still might let you in. It also depends how popular the course is - I've known friends who managed to get in even when not getting the conditional grades.

Sorry, that was very short of me- my cat is driving me up the wall with his jumping around...

I'm very sorry you didnt meet your requirements, but as I said, you will need to check UCAS at 9am as they may still have accepted. Is this first or second sitting? If first then you maybe able to resit some subjects next year to apply to a 2 sitting application if that makes sense.

Best thing to do, wait for Track!

I hope this helps, and try not to worry too much!
Och well goodnight y'all. Good luck and well done.

Wooo, feeling loved, thankyou :colondollar:

I'd wait until 9am to check Track, because you never know - there's still a chance you will have been accepted, but because you didn't meet the requirements, it is quite likely you will have been rejected, yes.

Wooo, how did you do? :woo:
Och well goodnight y'all. Good luck and well done.

You too, congratulations again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending