The Student Room Group

Energy and Environmental Law or Oil & Gas Law

Hi,

I am trying to decide between Energy and Environmental Law and Oil & Gas Law at the University of Aberdeen. I am wondering if any of you had any experience with either of those? To be perfectly honest, my first instinct was to study Oil & Gas Law as this would provide me with a good job and a decent income as I don’t have a Law background from my previous degree, but I know that major oil companies hire contract advisors based on their law degree as masters. Although after giving it some more thought and looking through a course syllabus Energy and Environmental Law seems so much more interesting. I am not going to lie and say that I would love to work in a renewable energy as it seems so much more interesting and I believe this where the future of energy is heading. Based on that I also believe I would do better doing the Energy and Environmental Law course when it comes to grades etc. What I am worried about is that the market is so orientated towards Oil & Gas at the moment and finding a job after doing Energy and Environmental Law might be way more difficult.

:confused::confused::confused:

I would appreciate any views and advice.

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Come on guys, some advice would be useful :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by papa-ya

I am trying to decide between Energy and Environmental Law and Oil & Gas Law at the University of Aberdeen. I am wondering if any of you had any experience with either of those? To be perfectly honest, my first instinct was to study Oil & Gas Law as this would provide me with a good job and a decent income as I don’t have a Law background from my previous degree,

This is an enormous assumption to be making.
Reply 3
Hey Clip, it may be. Just now I work in Oil & Gas recruitment and it proves to be right...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending