The Student Room Group

Question for Durham Law Offer Holders

Hi Guys

If anybody who has an offer for Durham Law 2024 entry sees this then congratulations on your offer! If any of these offer holders would be kind enough to answer these questions I would appreciate that a lot :smile:. This should hopefully be useful to those who are still waiting for an offer as the spreadsheet often does not include LNAT scores!

International or home student -
Contextual or non-contextual -
Date of outcome -
Predicted grades -
LNAT score -
GCSEs -

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From a diff country but I have home student status.
Non-contextual
1/03/24
Not sure but definitely was predicted above what the standard for an A*AA is. I would guess like an A*A*A probably.
Sad LNAT score of 25
Equivalent would probably be 999999998
Reply 2
Original post by Coeoe
Non-contextual
1/03/24
Not sure but definitely was predicted above what the standard for an A*AA is. I would guess like an A*A*A probably.
Sad LNAT score of 25
Thanks ever so much for this, your LNAT score is not sad at all!
Reply 3
Original post by pvma
Thanks ever so much for this, your LNAT score is not sad at all!
😭 its sad because it was the factor that led to my three rejections…but its ok!
And np! Thanks for creating this thread
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Coeoe
😭 its sad because it was the factor that led to my three rejections…but its ok!
And np! Thanks for creating this thread
giving me hope with my even sadder 24🥲
Reply 5
Original post by lilyblackhurst
giving me hope with my even sadder 24🥲
😔😭 aw no, don't worry! I think you have a fair chance with Durham! I hope you get an offer soon 🤞 best of luck!!
Original post by Coeoe
😔😭 aw no, don't worry! I think you have a fair chance with Durham! I hope you get an offer soon 🤞 best of luck!!
thanks so much, appreciate that!!
Original post by pvma
Hi Guys
If anybody who has an offer for Durham Law 2024 entry sees this then congratulations on your offer! If any of these offer holders would be kind enough to answer these questions I would appreciate that a lot :smile:. This should hopefully be useful to those who are still waiting for an offer as the spreadsheet often does not include LNAT scores!
Date of outcome -
Predicted grades -
LNAT score -
GCSEs -
Hi i got the standard offer
-home student
-non-contextual
-date 18th march
-predicted A* (geo) A* (media) A* (film) A (english lit)
-23 on lnat (not great but i dont think durham care too much)
-Gcses 9887777777
Original post by Conradstephens
Hi i got the standard offer
-home student
-non-contextual
-date 18th march
-predicted A* (geo) A* (media) A* (film) A (english lit)
-23 on lnat (not great but i dont think durham care too much)
-Gcses 9887777777
well done🥳
Original post by pvma
Hi Guys
Date of outcome -
Predicted grades -
LNAT score -
GCSEs -

Hiya, I'm a home student and non-contextual. I got my Durham offer on the 26th of January. Predicted A*A* AA and achieved an A in EPQ. My LNAT score was 29 and my GCSEs were 9988888887 :smile:
Original post by Coeoe

ended up getting rejected yesterday for low lnat score but i’ve seen so many with at least 24 as well get offers?! at least keep it consistent 😒😔
Reply 11
ended up getting rejected yesterday for low lnat score but i’ve seen so many with at least 24 as well get offers?! at least keep it consistent 😒😔

Whatttt that's so unfair 😭 I'm so sorry. Literally, they take in 23s, 24s and 25s etc. 😔 they didn't want to comply with the consistency concept smh. Are you feeling ok? Keep your head up, I know how bad rejections can feel, but you'll end up somewhere more suited towards you in the future. Have you any other offers?
Original post by Coeoe
Whatttt that's so unfair 😭 I'm so sorry. Literally, they take in 23s, 24s and 25s etc. 😔 they didn't want to comply with the consistency concept smh. Are you feeling ok? Keep your head up, I know how bad rejections can feel, but you'll end up somewhere more suited towards you in the future. Have you any other offers?

thank you so much i really appreciate that🥰 yes - i received my first offer this week (glasgow) which im really really happy about and tbh was probs going to chose over durham anyways due to costs (i’m scottish so dont have to pay tuition for glasgow) but obviously the rejection still stings. waiting on strathclyde and edinburgh now🤞🤞im more angry than sad about durham though - as i just think its very very unfair especially since the rest of my application is good and oxford rated my lnat essay very high, but it is what it is! is durham your top choice?
Reply 13
thank you so much i really appreciate that🥰 yes - i received my first offer this week (glasgow) which im really really happy about and tbh was probs going to chose over durham anyways due to costs (i’m scottish so dont have to pay tuition for glasgow) but obviously the rejection still stings. waiting on strathclyde and edinburgh now🤞🤞im more angry than sad about durham though - as i just think its very very unfair especially since the rest of my application is good and oxford rated my lnat essay very high, but it is what it is! is durham your top choice?

Ong congratulations!! Wooo Glasgow is so good! Oh wow yes it's so much more cheaper isn't it? I hope you hear back from all of them soon! True... it's unfair indeed 😭 yes it is what it is!! You'll thrive no matter where you go :smile:

Ahh I've insured Durham since I only received 2 offers 😵 but I'm probably not going to make the offer of my firm uni so Durham may be the one.
Original post by Coeoe
Ong congratulations!! Wooo Glasgow is so good! Oh wow yes it's so much more cheaper isn't it? I hope you hear back from all of them soon! True... it's unfair indeed 😭 yes it is what it is!! You'll thrive no matter where you go :smile:
Ahh I've insured Durham since I only received 2 offers 😵 but I'm probably not going to make the offer of my firm uni so Durham may be the one.

thank you! really do appreciate that! good luck again and keep me updated on results day! ☺️☺️
Reply 15
thank you! really do appreciate that! good luck again and keep me updated on results day! ☺️☺️

Thanks!! You as well :smile:
Original post by Coeoe
Non-contextual
1/03/24
Sad LNAT score of 25

Your LNAT score is pretty good if you ask me, I got a 23 in my LNAT and got offers from all of my unis apart of Oxford. I think you just need a really solid personal statement.
Reply 17
Original post by iulia1444
Your LNAT score is pretty good if you ask me, I got a 23 in my LNAT and got offers from all of my unis apart of Oxford. I think you just need a really solid personal statement.

I suppose so! But I was rejected by KCL and UCL for my LNAT score. LSE deemed my ps not good enough 🤣

I somehow got an offer from Cambridge and Durham...but every other offer holder has like 28+ for their LNAT score. A lot of them are even in the 30s. My 25 really makes me feel inadequate and inferior ahahahah 😭
Original post by Coeoe
I suppose so! But I was rejected by KCL and UCL for my LNAT score. LSE deemed my ps not good enough 🤣
I somehow got an offer from Cambridge and Durham...but every other offer holder has like 28+ for their LNAT score. A lot of them are even in the 30s. My 25 really makes me feel inadequate and inferior ahahahah 😭

At the end of the day, the LNAT isn’t really an accurate representation of what you’ll do like in a law degree. Very prestigious unis like Cambridge know this and so they still take applicants with lower LNAT scores as long as their application is strong in every other area.
Reply 19
Original post by iulia1444
At the end of the day, the LNAT isn’t really an accurate representation of what you’ll do like in a law degree. Very prestigious unis like Cambridge know this and so they still take applicants with lower LNAT scores as long as their application is strong in every other area.
Ahh I suppose that's true 🥹

I suppose I keep thinking that my score isn't great because UCL and KCL have a very high cut off score. (Esp KCL 😭😭) And ofc also because most the my cohort got 28+ too. However, I agree that the LNAT does not showcase one's true ability. Esp since there are so many other factors that play into the whole process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending