The Student Room Group

need a new show like friends, scrubs, or himym...

Scroll to see replies

Arrested Development? I feel like I'm the only one that watches it.
Or Brooklyn Nine-Nine?
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The middle, Big Bang Theory, Modern family (the first few episodes are boring but it does get a lot better), The Mindy Project and Cougar Town, which has a lost of cast from Scrubs and Friends.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by samstown

Or Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

yeah im thinking of giving this a try, but i want a show that goes quite deep into character development.

i can watch shows like parks and rec, or the office for just a cheap laugh.
Reply 24
Original post by barneystin
I've disliked TBBT for a long time now, ever since Sheldon's and the jewish guy's girlfriends became regulars. really fell off.

i remember when it was actually good though. used to come on at 10pm on Thursdays at Channel 4 :moon:

OK then...look at the one above, she's listed all the good ones.
yeah im thinking of giving this a try, but i want a show that goes quite deep into character development.

i can watch shows like parks and rec, or the office for just a cheap laugh.

For some reason the office really gets on my nerves. Parks and rec is way funnier.
8 simple rules is pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I'm watching Parks and Recreation at the moment, pretty good
the IT crowd is hilarious if you like British humour?? but maybe not since everything you listed was American...
Reply 29
Rules of Engagement is a real favourite of mine and also Melissa and Joey is a great watch!
Pretty much every show that's being made in the US at the moment. They're all the same.

Oh, this method seems to work, lets replicate it 1,000,000 times.

Great.
Reply 31
The Office (US) was really good, can't vouch for the UK one
im looking for a new show like those shows. basically one of those 20-30 min comedy drama shows. mainly comedy shows, but they have serious aspects to them which draw you into the characters.

ive tried californication, but its too much on the drama side rather than the comedy.

ive also tried entourage and that was great.

and the OC. that was great too.

other than that ive tried comedies like the office and parks and rec, which while hilarious arent what im looking for.

any recommendations:smile:

Modern family!

^^^sorry just seen you said no to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Definitely community
The Mindy project!!!! XD
In addition to my states happy endings, from those mentioned, I particularly like rules of engagement, 8 simple rules (sad it finished agessss ago though) and Brooklyn nine-nine. IT crowd or peep show are also shouts but I'd be surprised if you haven't seen a few episodes already
Reply 36
im looking for a new show like those shows. basically one of those 20-30 min comedy drama shows. mainly comedy shows, but they have serious aspects to them which draw you into the characters.

ive tried californication, but its too much on the drama side rather than the comedy.

ive also tried entourage and that was great.

and the OC. that was great too.

other than that ive tried comedies like the office and parks and rec, which while hilarious arent what im looking for.

any recommendations:smile:

BIG BANG THEORY
NEW GIRL
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Episodes (BBC)

These are a bit like HIMYM, Friends and Scrubs in just being, relax and watch kinda stuff. Hope this helps.

Before you watch any of them though...

SUIT UP!
Reply 37
Give Modern Family another go, also Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Episodes are worth trying. It's a bit older but if you never caught Green Wing you're in for a treat. Brooklyn Nine Nine is pretty good.
Reply 38
How about House?

Anyone seen that?
How about House?

Anyone seen that?

I really liked it, but the first few episodes aren't funny. The comedy comes in later seasons.

Quick Reply

Latest