The Student Room Group

Is this a spiders nest? :(

Apologies for the poor quality photo. I've noticed this cluster of loads of tiny, black oblong eggs (at least I think they're eggs) near my front door today. Does anyone know what they might be? Any chance they could be spiders? :cry2:

Scroll to see replies

Looks like one and whatever it is get rid of it now before they unleash their fury

Terrifying.
Original post by Kash24411
Looks like one and whatever it is get rid of it now before they unleash their fury

Oh God. :cry: I feel bad for killing what may be hundreds of little creatures but it's right by my door.
Original post by ThatNorthernLad

Terrifying.

I think that gif is permanently embedded behind my eyelids. Thanks for that!
Original post by TolerantBeing
I think that gif is permanently embedded behind my eyelids. Thanks for that!

Took your mind off the writhing nest of spiders, eh? :smile:
Reply 6
Apologies for the poor quality photo. I've noticed this cluster of loads of tiny, black oblong eggs (at least I think they're eggs) near my front door today. Does anyone know what they might be? Any chance they could be spiders? :cry2:

Try touching it, see what happens
Took your mind off the writhing nest of spiders, eh? :smile:

I'll give you that I suppose! What is it from?
I'll give you that I suppose! What is it from?

I think its from Who framed roger rabbit but I'm not sure, I just googled it.

Anyway if this is any assistance/funny, I was once riding around on my bike and I liked touching moss for some reason, and I saw what I thought was moss on a garage door handle, so I touched it and all of a sudden a bunch of little spiders were all over me because it was a nest just like that but more developed. I started crying and ran home. :l Looking back that's probably where my fear or spiders came from.
Original post by Prit B
Try touching it, see what happens

Hell no. Not after seeing this- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/105...ders-nest.html

Funnily enough there was a harvestman above the door for a few days before I noticed this. I'm hoping they aren't those, they make my skin crawl.

I need to try and remove it without touching it.
I think its from Who framed roger rabbit but I'm not sure, I just googled it.

Anyway if this is any assistance/funny, I was once riding around on my bike and I liked touching moss for some reason, and I saw what I thought was moss on a garage door handle, so I touched it and all of a sudden a bunch of little spiders were all over me because it was a nest just like that but more developed. I started crying and ran home. :l Looking back that's probably where my fear or spiders came from.

Ohh. I thought it would be from some 1970s horror movie, it's actually quite creepy :tongue:

Oh God I would have had a heart attack! I strongly suggest you don't watch the video in the link I posted above then, because coincidently, it's a video of exactly that. I never knew something like that could exist in this country.

Edit: Does your phobia now also extend to a fear of moss? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Kill it before it lays eggs!

Oh, too late
Reply 12
Hell no. Not after seeing this- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/105...ders-nest.html

Funnily enough there was a harvestman above the door for a few days before I noticed this. I'm hoping they aren't those, they make my skin crawl.

I need to try and remove it without touching it.

Link won't open, btw where is that in you're living room?
The only thing I'd touch that with is a flamethrower on extra hot.

I'd personally get professionals in to deal with it, theyre mostly in one place at the moment but if they're disturbed they might scatter and that would be horrible.
Original post by Prit B
Link won't open, btw where is that in you're living room?

Oh... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/10547292/Man-accidentally-disturbs-spiders-nest.html

Nope, it's just above the outside of my front door.
The GIF is from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The only thing I'd touch that with is a flamethrower on extra hot.

I'd personally get professionals in to deal with it, theyre mostly in one place at the moment but if they're disturbed they might scatter and that would be horrible.

Really? Oh this isn't good. They're tiny at the moment though, like tiny dots, so hopefully if we get rid of them now it might be alright. Of course it won't be me who does it :tongue:
flamethrower pls
Reply 18
Oh... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/10547292/Man-accidentally-disturbs-spiders-nest.html

Nope, it's just above the outside of my front door.

Well keep you're door closed or get rid of it asap
Really? Oh this isn't good. They're tiny at the moment though, like tiny dots, so hopefully if we get rid of them now it might be alright. Of course it won't be me who does it :tongue:

Please don't take my word as fact, I'm certainly not an expert. :smile: If they're outside your front door then you might be able to just tip a scorching water bucket onto the thing.

Quick Reply

Latest