The Student Room Group

Does my friend think I am cruel?

So I was talking to my friend about spiders and how I eventually got rid of one by hoovering it up. They told me how they got their bf to take them outside etc, but I worry now if they think I am somewhat cruel for killing the spider.

This is what they said to me:

I threw a bowl on top and waited for (bf name) to get home so he could take it outside 😂 I think your approach to vacuuming it is probably best if you're super scared though.“

Do you think that my friend will think I am cruel for using the hoover for the spider? I sort of though this when they said “probably best”

Does it sound as if they care(d) about the spider, and dislike me because of it? Will this likely affect our friendship?
Original post by Vertigo321
So I was talking to my friend about spiders and how I eventually got rid of one by hoovering it up. They told me how they got their bf to take them outside etc, but I worry now if they think I am somewhat cruel for killing the spider.
This is what they said to me:
I threw a bowl on top and waited for (bf name) to get home so he could take it outside 😂 I think your approach to vacuuming it is probably best if you're super scared though.“
Do you think that my friend will think I am cruel for using the hoover for the spider? I sort of though this when they said “probably best”
Does it sound as if they care(d) about the spider, and dislike me because of it? Will this likely affect our friendship?

I dont think they would stop being friends with you over a spider, unless they had other flaws that led to that choice. I personally try to transport spiders too, but sometimes if im freaked out enough i do just squash them, but you shouldnt think you are a bad person for that, worst case scenario the spider will probably survive and find its way out (theyre weirdly good at escaping things)
Reply 2
Do you think that they care(d) about the spider and therefore think I am cruel, and thus be angry at me?
i promise ur just overthinking this, even if they are the kind of person to feel a bit upset that u would kill a spider, they won't still be thinking about it now!!
Have you been thinking about this for 10 months?
Original post by Admit-One
Have you been thinking about this for 10 months?

AHAHAHA omg crying
My apologies, the thread starter has actually been overthinking the turn of phrase “probably best” for 11 months

Quick Reply

Latest