The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Does your router have encrpytion? There's a setting that says that unless you know the SSID, you won't be able to see the router. Are you using windows to connect to the wireless network?
PS: wrong forum :smile:
Reply 2
O am I? I didn't realise where should I be? i don't even know if it has encryption but I did try to add the network manually using the SSID and passkey to the laptop but it was already on there but it still says there is no networks in range. It's annoying it was working before the computer went away I'm baffled as to why it doesn't work anymore
Reply 3
Check:

i) Does the laptop know there is a wireless adaptor present? (add new hardware)
ii) Drivers are installed (try re-installing if they are)
Reply 4
also check that on your laptop, if the wireless is built in, that it simply isnt disable. for example on my laptop, you can turn the wireless on and off by pressign the FN (function) key and pressin F1, this is to simply save the battery life of you laptop (and a presume other things like lifespan?) when you dont need to use wireless/if you dont use wireless!
Check if the router is set to dynamic or static IP. There might be someone with the same static IP near you who's on the network, and thus not letting you connect, in which case you've got to set the router to dynamic. Or just reset the router. :biggrin:

If in doubt, reinstall your wireless card.

Latest

Trending

Trending