The Student Room Group

Adjustment help!

So, I've been given an offer to study Law to university of Hertfordshire through adjustment however they said for urgency i must refer myself to clearing.

Im worried if I do this, my original offer would be gone, I did keep saying that Im applying through adjustment.

The person who i called said (from clearing/adjustment hotline) I have to email my details to them to a specific address admsta.

Any idea when I will get a reply back from them

the course offer is valid for only two working days, so i really need to get this course application accepted as soon as possible.

DarkChaoz95
Reply 1
Original post by DarkChaoz95
So, I've been given an offer to study Law to university of Hertfordshire through adjustment however they said for urgency i must refer myself to clearing.

Im worried if I do this, my original offer would be gone, I did keep saying that Im applying through adjustment.

The person who i called said (from clearing/adjustment hotline) I have to email my details to them to a specific address admsta.

Any idea when I will get a reply back from them

the course offer is valid for only two working days, so i really need to get this course application accepted as soon as possible.

DarkChaoz95
It appears that the admissions team does not understand Adjustment! I'd email them as they have asked - include your UCAS number, full name, course choice - and say that your understanding is that the university has to enter the details of the Adjustment choice, not you. I'd then also ring the admissions department again and ask to speak to a team leader or someone more senior, to make sure that they will pick up the email promptly. I've no idea how long they will take, but it does need to be quick.

You can't refer yourself to Clearing and it wouldn't be appropriate anyway. You do need to be sure that you want your place at Herts because once they enter your details your original firm is gone.
Original post by Minerva
It appears that the admissions team does not understand Adjustment! I'd email them as they have asked - include your UCAS number, full name, course choice - and say that your understanding is that the university has to enter the details of the Adjustment choice, not you. I'd then also ring the admissions department again and ask to speak to a team leader or someone more senior, to make sure that they will pick up the email promptly. I've no idea how long they will take, but it does need to be quick.

You can't refer yourself to Clearing and it wouldn't be appropriate anyway. You do need to be sure that you want your place at Herts because once they enter your details your original firm is gone.

The university have given me a offer for Law and they have given me a clearance number themselves and not from ucas
Reply 3
Original post by DarkChaoz95
The university have given me a offer for Law and they have given me a clearance number themselves and not from ucas
That will be a uni number, not a UCAS one. You won't be able to enter the Clearing choice until you have the UCAS number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending