The Student Room Group

Med interview at University of Leicester

Hey people, I’ve applied for medicine at Leicester. What I am struggling with is finding out the type of med interview they are doing, information about that really. From what I’ve read they have been doing online MMI that have 7 stations but they only did that for 2020-2023. Can anyone help me out please?
Reply 1
It is MMI again check https://le.ac.uk/study/medicine/entry-requirements/mbchb and have a look at scoring document, go down to Interviews 9.0 it says

"We run Multiple Mini-Interviews (MMI). The number of stations and whether the interviews are delivered
online or face to face will depend on the situation at the time; but currently we are planning face to face
for Home applicants, and online for International applicants for 2024 entry."

Also says on main page under interviews:

The interview will take the format of multiple mini interviews (MMIs) and a numeracy test*. The MMIs will last about an hour and you will be assessed through a number of stations some of which include communication, motivation, empathy, and comprehension. We are planning a return to face-to-face interviews for home students for 2024 entry. International candidates will be interviewed online.

Prior to interview you will be asked to complete a consent form and upload your academic certificates to a student portal.

If you are usually entitled to extra time or other adjustments in examinations please notify us as soon as possible, and supply supporting information, as we may be able to make reasonable adjustments to the interview. The adjustments we offer are based on those available once on the course.

*The numeracy test is being reintroduced as basic numeracy is essential for a) patient safety, and b) all graduates need to successfully pass the Prescribing Safety Assessment. The test will largely consist of mental arithmetic. No prior medical knowledge, nor formulae learning, will be required. This station will have a pass mark associated with it. The threshold will be reviewed depending on the questions used.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending