The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Disability Adjustments to Learning?

Hello! I have an offer for BA History starting in September 2023 and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of needing adjustments to learning for their disabilities while studying at Cardiff Uni?

My main issue is that due to reduced mobility and unpredictable flare ups etc. I am worried that this will interfere with my quality of education and was not sure if the uni has ever offered changing of times for lectures or moving certain things online etc.

I will be living at home during uni due to my disability and health making moving difficult (based in Cwmbran - it's about a 45 minute commute)

I have looked at courses on Open University and such but none of them really suit what I want to be doing, and I would still like the option of being able to make on-site friends and occasionally use campus facilities.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

TLDR: Starting uni in September and want to know of people's experiences with having learning adjustments due to disabilities
Original post by FernsbyFox
Hello! I have an offer for BA History starting in September 2023 and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of needing adjustments to learning for their disabilities while studying at Cardiff Uni?

My main issue is that due to reduced mobility and unpredictable flare ups etc. I am worried that this will interfere with my quality of education and was not sure if the uni has ever offered changing of times for lectures or moving certain things online etc.

I will be living at home during uni due to my disability and health making moving difficult (based in Cwmbran - it's about a 45 minute commute)

I have looked at courses on Open University and such but none of them really suit what I want to be doing, and I would still like the option of being able to make on-site friends and occasionally use campus facilities.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

TLDR: Starting uni in September and want to know of people's experiences with having learning adjustments due to disabilities

Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

In my experience, Cariff has been very flexible when it comes to adjustments and support. Have a look at their Support for Disabled Students page for more information and some contact details for the Student Disability Service.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions

Jaz - Cardiff Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending