The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Hopefully starting OU this month.

Hi im hopfully starting a course this month. discovering science. ive read all the posts and have to say thanks because now i understand the open university a lot better.
i only decided to take the course last night and registered for the course. however the course closing date ends on the 8th of this month. and i havent had anything sent out to me yet. and because im not working at the mo i need financial help which i qualify for with the OU but now im wondering if all the forms have to be sent back on by the closing date, or if theyre flexible until the course actually starts on the 30th of september. i really want to start the course and if i dont start it this month ill have to wait until january.
can anyone help? or is it best to wait to phone them monday? thanks
Reply 1
Hi Claire.

I registered for a course last month, and I too have entitlement to financial help. The process for me happened very quickly (though I was already registered with the OU for a previous course, so this may have something to do with it), I printed all the forms from the website (including the form for financial assistance), completed them and posted them. Within a week I received confirmation.

You could phone them. I'm fairly confident that if there's been a hold up they'll probably extend the closing date for you.

Alternatively, you could register for the January one instead, and do a 10-point Openings course in the meantime, which are very easy going and designed for people who are new to the OU.

I hope I've helped.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Latest