The Student Room Group

What language(s) do they teach you at a bsc hons computer science course?

I'm starting my computer science course at uni in a few weeks and would like to know what language(s) they teach you.

If anyone is studying computer science at uni i would be greatful if you could let me ask some questions :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by sven18
I'm starting my computer science course at uni in a few weeks and would like to know what language(s) they teach you.

If anyone is studying computer science at uni i would be greatful if you could let me ask some questions :smile:

It really does depend on the university. The two most common are C and Java. Albeit i know people studying at different unis who don't even get taught C. The more higher ranked the uni the more complex programming languages will be taught. What uni are you going to?

Source: I study Comp Sci at Lancaster Uni, I will be going into my second year this upcoming academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I was thinking about learning more C++, i've already studied it a little and thought it would be useful in uni. I'm going to Greenwich uni which is in london.
Depends on the uni. Most seem to teach Java though.
Reply 4
At my Uni they teach Java/Python but also web/data base technologies like HTML, CSS or MySQL.
(edited 9 years ago)
Should i self teach languages at uni?
Reply 6
In my first year we learnt java, c, html, css, sql, matlab, assembly, php and a few others. The main ones were Java and C.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending