Lincoln
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

proctor mews, apt 25 room D is moi
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Are you allowed a mini fridge in your room?
Dunno, im taking one. a proper one (small obvs)
Reply 23
limbo_no_more
Are you allowed a mini fridge in your room?

Yes! a fridge/freezer is provided, and there should be enough space in the freezer for 5/6 of you, however i do think a fridge is needed...am in Junxion and between the 5 of us we have the one supplied and a couple of us have mini fridges in our rooms...also handy if you get peckish during the night :smile:

Edit: If you havent already got one and are looking at buying one...there is an Argos Extra behind Debenhams (In St Marks Square) at the front of the uni and a Comet and Currys opposite Morrisons (jsut off the roundabout with Pavillions (on Tritton Road))
how easy is it to transfer apts from the junxion to pavillions after you've moved in / change apt and contract etc? just wondering...
Reply 25
i don't think you'd be able too, as its a different contract.

if you think of it like a mobile phone contract you may have to pay a cancelation fee then pay fro the entire year in pavs
Pavilions is awesome. Love it so far
R u allowed to use limewire?
yesss... well I use limewire anyway and havent got a telling off so far! I think most accomodation places say you arent allowed to use these things, but they never enforce it so its fine!
Reply 29
there is now a 5GB limit per month (atleast there is in junxion), so as long as you dont go over that, then your fine
Reply 30
Junxion has unlimited bandwith wireless now, provided that your room is close enough to the common room to pick it up.

If not, theres about 10 unpassworded wireless networks I can pick up from my room.
Reply 31
in block 4, so as far away from the common room as you can get!

wouldnt using the wireless networks use other peoples allowance?
Reply 32
Arkturus
Junxion has unlimited bandwith wireless now, provided that your room is close enough to the common room to pick it up.

If not, theres about 10 unpassworded wireless networks I can pick up from my room.

Yeah i have been doing that as im pretty close to my allowance already!

although i think other ppl keep conecting to my laptop and turning it on through bluetooth!!! had to take the battery out the other night lol
Im in block 2 and I can pick up f all wireless networks!

Well, apart from a sly looking network that has 0 signal so not sure why its even picking it up.
I don't like the Pavilions internet. Basically we have to connect through an unsecure connection where stuff like online-shopping is impossible because there is no "Security Lock". There is no way i'm giving my card details out over an unsecure connection.
I have, whoops haha. It does say that its safe though, plus i have this fraud monitoring thing on also?
Pavilions People - Have any of you guys had their 2nd Payment taken out yet? Apparently it was meant to have been taken out of our accounts on the 1st October but mine hasn't. Someone told me that they charge you something like £25 for every day after it hasn't gone out - is that true?
Reply 37
No they charge if you dont respond to the letter they send in 7 days
limbo_no_more
Pavilions People - Have any of you guys had their 2nd Payment taken out yet? Apparently it was meant to have been taken out of our accounts on the 1st October but mine hasn't. Someone told me that they charge you something like £25 for every day after it hasn't gone out - is that true?

I hope you didnt tell the staff, maybe they just forgot to take yours out, so not your problem!
I got a letter last week saying that I still owed them money. Apparently loads of people didn't get their rent taken out because the staff were too late taking the forms to the bank and there was apparently a cut off date which they missed.

Anyway, I've hopefully got it sorted now.

Latest