The Student Room Group

A2 Economics - UK Labour Market

I was given some summer work for economics that is due in tomorrow. The title is "An evaluation of the current state of the UK labour market" and I have been given a link to a 100+ page thing that I am not going to read (it looks complicated) , any suggestions?

If anyone is remotely interested the link is http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/elmr/economic-and-labour-market-review/may-2011online-edition/index.html
Reply 2

Thanks, looks useful. I can certainly read that so it is better than the other link already. I was thinking of just doing it as simple as possible and making it looks good once I have done enough for my teacher not to go mental. A few stats can only help.
Original post by Alex Doran
Thanks, looks useful. I can certainly read that so it is better than the other link already. I was thinking of just doing it as simple as possible and making it looks good once I have done enough for my teacher not to go mental. A few stats can only help.

yeah, just drop a few figures here and there, and it already looks better :tongue:
Reply 4
Anyone else got any ideas?
Reply 5
I have started off with attempting to identify who the UK's major trading partners are and if there are any similarities within the labour markets by comparing number of days off, average working hours, average pay, distribution of income, employment rate, unemployment rate. I have not been very successful so far but at least I have started. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated but if not I will give up on the thread (2 bumps is enough) and just try and do what I can.

Quick Reply

Latest