The Student Room Group

Is CH4 as bad as people make it out to be?

Everyone i've talked to who took Chemistry A2 say that the unit CH4 is dreadful. Is this true? And why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robin55
Everyone i've talked to who took Chemistry A2 say that the unit CH4 is dreadful. Is this true? And why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try Chemistry Unit 5. That made my life hell :O
Reply 2
Original post by coldhell
Try Chemistry Unit 5. That made my life hell :O

Oh dear. Why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robin55
Oh dear. Why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it a bit harder compared to Unit 4. For Unit 4, all you have to do is practise, understand, do lots of past papers and start early. For Unit 5, my exam board was AQA and we had to remember different colours--and I actually forgot all of them now--and I just found the concept harder. But it's different to everyone, some people will find it hard, some people will find it ok. :biggrin:
Exam board..? It'll vary a lot between different boards. For me, chemistry 4 wasn't too hard at all. Unit 5 was harder (in the exam), but I revised less for unit 5..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh god. I'm WJEC, very similar to AQA. Let's see what this brain of mine is capable of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I clicked on this thread thinking that it was about Methane and the controversies with regards to global warming.
Reply 7
Original post by Protoxylic
I clicked on this thread thinking that it was about Methane and the controversies with regards to global warming.

Hahaha that's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
If you like organic chemistry you'll find it all right. I hate organic so ended up doing **** in chem4 but amazing in chem5 which pulled up my grade.

I must admit though, that when I looked back at Chem2 after finishing Chem4 it did look ridiculously easy in comparison. Sort of like the jump between A-Level and GCSE
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
I enjoyed CH2. Yeah organic is interesting in my opinion. I hope it won't be too heavy though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Protoxylic

Lol same..
Original post by Robin55
I enjoyed CH2. Yeah organic is interesting in my opinion. I hope it won't be too heavy though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With regards to Chem 4
You need to watch out for Buffers in the Acid and Bases section.
And Carbon and Hydrogen Environments.

The rest is relatively straight forward,just takes a little bit of time to get used to and to memorise.

Quick Reply

Latest