The Student Room Group

As results

Right so basically i got my as level results (1st year of a levels) back a couple of weeks ago, they were by far the worst results i have EVER had and least to say they were not at all what i was expecting ( 2 D's and 2 E's) and in the beginning i told my parents and grandparents i had done a lot better than that ( 2 b's a c and a d) because i was so ashamed of them and i just did it without thinking of the consequences.But last week i told my parents the truth and they were glad that i'd told them the truth but were extremely disappointed for obvious reasons.(understand that the results i got are what i deserved because my attendance for the year averaged 71%). Now whenever i bring up the subject of my education and what my options are now my parents just blank me or start saying how unbelievable i am.So my problem is how to tell my grandparents because my mum is saying that if i don't tell them she will and if that's how my parents took my results how are my grandparents going to deal with it because to them i've always been this kind of exam genius and golden child so i just can't imagine how disappointed they will be when i tell them.
Original post by spaiel
Right so basically i got my as level results (1st year of a levels) back a couple of weeks ago, they were by far the worst results i have EVER had and least to say they were not at all what i was expecting ( 2 D's and 2 E's) and in the beginning i told my parents and grandparents i had done a lot better than that ( 2 b's a c and a d) because i was so ashamed of them and i just did it without thinking of the consequences.But last week i told my parents the truth and they were glad that i'd told them the truth but were extremely disappointed for obvious reasons.(understand that the results i got are what i deserved because my attendance for the year averaged 71%). Now whenever i bring up the subject of my education and what my options are now my parents just blank me or start saying how unbelievable i am.So my problem is how to tell my grandparents because my mum is saying that if i don't tell them she will and if that's how my parents took my results how are my grandparents going to deal with it because to them i've always been this kind of exam genius and golden child so i just can't imagine how disappointed they will be when i tell them.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. These things happen and the best thing is just to be honest with your grandparents. Admit defeat on this occasion and move on. Yes, your grandparents might be disappointed at first, but it's much better that it comes from you, rather than your mum.

Own up, take the responsibility and learn from the mistakes you've made. Correct the attendance issues you had in your first year of AS (if this was due to illness/personal circumstances then your school can provide confidential support and advice if needed) and resit your exams to move your grades up to something like the ones you'd originally told them.
Original post by spaiel

The longer you wait, the more nervous about it you will become and the more problems will arise (your grandparents may tell others). It's best to own up now, and explain that you were worried about their reaction because they are inadvertently putting you under pressure to do well. Tell them that you know you can do much better than you did, and then put in maximum effort next year so you can impress them with your A2's!

Good luck - this sort of thing is always hard.:hugs:

Latest