The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

University admissions

So I have chosen ManMet and my a level results have already come in so they said to send my results as soon as I get them. But for ManUni I near missed the conditional offer they needed for biology which is A but I got a B however when I mailed them they said they would put me on the waitlist and my place will not be confirmed until 17th august when the uk results come in. But if I don’t send the results to ManMet even though I have received it and meet the conditional offer requirements will I lose my place?
Original post by alizzaaa
So I have chosen ManMet and my a level results have already come in so they said to send my results as soon as I get them. But for ManUni I near missed the conditional offer they needed for biology which is A but I got a B however when I mailed them they said they would put me on the waitlist and my place will not be confirmed until 17th august when the uk results come in. But if I don’t send the results to ManMet even though I have received it and meet the conditional offer requirements will I lose my place?

It is fairly standard for students to be put on hold with narrow misses. Universities dont know until A level results days how many students have reached their grades. Overseas grades are given weeks in advance of UK results so overseas students have to wait for ALL other results to come in. When they are all in universities look at the number of students who have met their offers and whether there will be spaces available. If they do not reach their numbers they consider near misses. This is common and is dealt with by ucas for most students.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Is Manchester your firm and ManMet your insurance?
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Is Manchester your firm and ManMet your insurance?

ManMet is my firm and manchester is insurance coz they have put me on the waitlist
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
It is fairly standard for students to be put on hold with narrow misses. Universities dont know until A level results days how many students have reached their grades. Overseas grades are given weeks in advance of UK results so overseas students have to wait for ALL other results to come in. When they are all in universities look at the number of students who have met their offers and whether there will be spaces available. If they do not reach their numbers they consider near misses. This is common and is dealt with by ucas for most students.

Thank you for your reply, I completely meet the conditions for ManMet, and my results have come in so I was wondering if I should send my results right now or when the uk results come out?
ManMet is my firm and manchester is insurance coz they have put me on the waitlist

Ok.

So you've told Manchester about your results. Why haven't you sent them to ManMet?
Reply 6
Ok.

So you've told Manchester about your results. Why haven't you sent them to ManMet?

I will send them now I just received
my official results on Friday that can be sent for admissions. I just told manchester about biology.

This is a confusing statement.

Your firm choice and insurance choice do not change after you have selected them (unless you contact UCAS to request they swap your firm and insurance, which you need to actively request this from UCAS and the unis). The uni you put as your firm choice when you selected your choices is your firm, period. Likewise for your insurance.The process is if your firm choice rejects you, you are passed to your insurance choice who may then accept or reject you. If your firm choice has not yet rejected you and is not showing as unsuccessful on your UCAS, then you are still being considered by them. Your insurance choice will remain the insurance choice throughout this process.

Which uni did you originally select as your firm and insurance, before you got your results, when you were made your offers?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8

Original post by artful_lounger
This is a confusing statement.

Your firm choice and insurance choice do not change after you have selected them (unless you contact UCAS to request they swap your firm and insurance, which you need to actively request this from UCAS and the unis). The uni you put as your firm choice when you selected your choices is your firm, period. Likewise for your insurance.The process is if your firm choice rejects you, you are passed to your insurance choice who may then accept or reject you. If your firm choice has not yet rejected you and is not showing as unsuccessful on your UCAS, then you are still being considered by them. Your insurance choice will remain the insurance choice throughout this process.

Which uni did you originally select as your firm and insurance, before you got your results, when you were made your offers?

I was still waiting for the results I was considering both of them and was confused. But now I think I understand a bit better, thankyou. But basically, I can’t pull out from my firm choice after I have been accepted?
(edited 9 months ago)

how have you already gotten your results?
Reply 10
Original post by onlinegyaah
how have you already gotten your results?

Because I gave my A levels in India and they offer feb/March here
Because I gave my A levels in India and they offer feb/March here

Did you meet your ManMet requirements?
(edited 9 months ago)

I was still waiting for the results I was considering both of them and was confused. But now I think I understand a bit better, thankyou. But basically, I can’t pull out from my firm choice after I have been accepted?

Well you can decline it, but if your firm choice accepts you and converts your offer to an unconditional one, your insurance choice is automatically rejected. This is why your firm choice should be the one you most want to go to and the insurance choice the backup with lower grade requirements.
Reply 13
Did you meet your ManMet requirements?

Yes they needed a certain UCAS tariff points and my points are above what they required.
Yes they needed a certain UCAS tariff points and my points are above what they required.

In that case ManMet will accept you and your insurance offer from Manchester will disappear.
Reply 15
In that case ManMet will accept you and your insurance offer from Manchester will disappear.

And how often is it that you get off the waitlist in manchester?
And how often is it that you get off the waitlist in manchester?

If you selected Manchester Met as your firm and Manchester as your insurance, it doesn't matter. As soon as you confirm your results, if you meet the requirements for Manchester met, your offer from Manchester Met will turn into an unconditional and your Manchester offer will be automatically declined. You also can't swap your firm and insurance choices once you receive your results.

This is why I'm trying to understand if you just think somehow UCAS has changed your firm and insurance on the basis of a waitlist (this is not how it works) or if you chose the option with lower grade requirements as your firm and the one with higher requirements as insurance (as this would effectively ensure you will never go to your insurance option and effectively chose them the the wrong way round).
Reply 17
Original post by artful_lounger
If you selected Manchester Met as your firm and Manchester as your insurance, it doesn't matter. As soon as you confirm your results, if you meet the requirements for Manchester met, your offer from Manchester Met will turn into an unconditional and your Manchester offer will be automatically declined. You also can't swap your firm and insurance choices once you receive your results.

This is why I'm trying to understand if you just think somehow UCAS has changed your firm and insurance on the basis of a waitlist (this is not how it works) or if you chose the option with lower grade requirements as your firm and the one with higher requirements as insurance (as this would effectively ensure you will never go to your insurance option and effectively chose them the the wrong way round).

Okay got it thankyou for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending