The Student Room Group

Can I do Clearing before results day?

I have my A-Level grades from the previous year. Can I phone universities before Results Day with my current grades?

Or do I have to wait until 17th August to request an offer...
(edited 8 months ago)
Yes, Clearing opened on the 5th of July for candidates who already have their results.

More courses may be availabe on or just before AL results day, but it is better to call now in case the opposite happens and the course closes to applications.
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, Clearing opened on the 5th of July for candidates who already have their results.

More courses may be availabe on or just before AL results day, but it is better to call now in case the opposite happens and the course closes to applications.

In your opinion

Do you think the majority of candidates apply during/after Results Day?
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
I have my A-Level grades from the previous year. Can I phone universities before Results Day with my current grades?

Or do I have to wait until 17th August to request an offer...

Hi there @McDonaldsEmploy, :smile:

Yes, if you already have your results, you can now call your university of choice or look on their website for details on applying.

All the best,
Sarah
The majority apply on results day, because there are fewer students who either get their results early (mainly international) or are on a gap year and are not retaking anything.

But it is swings and roundabouts as some courses will only know whether they have space to be in clearing after they process this years AL results. Hence courses may appear later even if not available now.
Reply 5
As above, phone on Monday - but if its No, then phone again on 17 August as it may have changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending