The Student Room Group

Will my food get stolen by flatmates?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by daniel_bryden
I was wondering whether people really get their food stolen by other flatmates? And are there ways to combat this without setting traps?

It'll depend who you live with. Chances are people will nick the odd bit of milk, or a nibble of something. Basically things which are in bulk may get little bits 'borrowed' but most people will ask.
If it were to become a big issue just mention it casually like guys SERIOUSLY can we not all steal my... Whatever eg tea bags. No need to make a big deal because if you piss people off and they dislike you they'll be more likely to nick your food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never had any problems with food being stolen, maybe butter and milk but that never really bothered me. However my part of the fridge was empty for weeks on end because I lived on takeaways in first year and kept all my treats in my room (don't do that unless you want to get fat)

Did have someone that used my plates and would never wash them up though :frown:
use a black marker to show whats yours, but honestly most of the time i never fought over a bit of milk or butter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending