The Student Room Group

Defamation over social media

Sorry, I know that this isn't the right forum but I didn't know where else I could post anonymously.

Anyway, about a week ago I had a debate with someone over twitter. It was quite a tame debate, it wasn't really abusive but when I thought he was getting to the point where he could lose control I ended the communication and thought nothing of it.

Fast forward five days and I see his profile come up again while looking at other people's thoughts on the issue. I clicked onto his profile and there have been several pictures uploaded, of my face, with text that implies I'm well...a sexual deviant.

I've reported it but I'm so upset. I like to think of myself as a moral person and I didn't think that from a debate on twitter I'd be accused of the things I have been, along with my picture being used. All allegations are completely untrue and although I don't think he meant them seriously (just to offend me), they are serious and have affected me quite a bit this evening. I don't know the individual aside from our brief exchange five days ago.

It has been up for several days now. I'm not sure how many other people have seen them as I use the photo on other social media accounts. I cannot bear people thinking I am what he has suggested I am.

I've reported it but is there anything else I can do? I'm really upset by it.

Thank you in advance :smile:.
bump as this has been here for a while unanswered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending